Chapter Three

~Three~

It has been three days since the boy and the girl and those little kids came to our house, three days since I think that boy saw me through the window. I've been so terrified those three days, too terrified to tell Nate what happened. I've developed this habit when Nate is gone, I would grab a rubber band and snap it fiercely against my wrist when I thought about that boy possibly looking me. I was thinking about telling Nate about this, that maybe he could do something about it. But unfortunately Nate had taken the night shifts at one of his odd jobs so he wouldn't be home until later. I was thinking about painting the walls again even though Nate told me not to paint them again but I didn't want to do nothing again. So I got from the couch in the living room and went up the stairs into my room. I grabbed my paintbrushes from the tin can I made from clay. I went to my closet and grabbed the dark blue paint and yellow paint. I searched around my room a wall to paint and found one next to my window.

I opened the blue paint and started painting next to the window. I painted softly against my wall, making sure I didn't miss a spot. I love how the night sky brightens everything. The stars twinkling and shining brightly in the night sky making it breathtaking. And the moon, oh God the moon, it shines bright in the night sky making everything illuminating. And I want to see it and not just from my stupid window. I clenched my paintbrush and I felt the tears brim my eyes. I brushed them away fiercely, I always cried when I thought about this but I won't cry these time. I stepped back and grabbed the yellow paint and painted the stars and the giant moon. I smiled softly, I wanted to touch my painting but it was still wet so I sat down on my bed. I put my brown hair in a messy bun and put the the paintbrushes in my hair to hold the bun. I stared at my painting and wondered how it's like outside. Were people friendly as Nate said they were, would they really start a rebellion to have more children.

Would they all stop being goodie goodie and just protest. I sighed at the thought; thinking it's impossible for them to rebel. They're all afraid of the government, the government is lethal. They don't care what people think. I sighed as I got up from my bed and touched my painting lightly, still wet. It wasn't nighttime that filled my room now, it was the sun right now. It was 5:00 pm. Adults were working while the little kids and teenagers were out of school because it's summer time and that means pool parties, Cold drinks, slumber parties and all that stuff. I sat down on my bean bag chair and shut my eyes, I always daydream a lot; to escape reality that's so called life. After a few minutes I heard a noise in our backyard.

I got from the chair and peeked out of my window. My breathe got caught in my throat, there in my backyard was the same boy from three days ago. Oh my God, what is he doing here!? Okay breathe Ana, breathe. I started hyperventilating, I wanted to calm down but I couldn't, he came here to take me away. I shut my eyes and slid down the floor, rocking myself back and forth. But then I remembered something and reopened my eyes, the little kids from three days had kicked a ball too hard and landed in our backyard, maybe that's what he is getting. I turned around and crouched up and looked out my window. There he was, searching for the ball. I couldn't exactly see his face but he had black hair and pale skin. He was searching around for the ball and then he finally found it. I breathed a sigh of relief that he found it, he can finally leave now and I don't have to worry about him again. I shifted my knee but then I accidentally bumped it against the wall, hard.

"Ow!," I yelled. And then to my horror, the boy looked up and saw me.