• Chapter Eighteen - We need a break ...

Y/N POV
I know we should have a talk but I don't know. I sat down on the sofa next to him and we sat down together in silence. Soon he started the conversation again...

Jungkook: Y/N... We need a talk. I know you are angry at me, I know you are disappointed. But I want this fixed... I want us! I won't let you go! Let me explain... please...

Y/N: I admit, I am angry at you! I didn't want to believe that it all started from a lie... I hated how you had to trick me into marriage to get me to love you back! But... I don't know anymore...

My emotions making me not speak in a calm voice. I'm overwhelmed...

Jungkook: It's not a lie that I love you, are you saying you don't love me anymore....?

Y/N: The moment I fell in love with you, I knew. I knew, I will never get away from you anymore, because I am scared to lose you... because I love you from the deep of my heart. I never stopped loving you... But what did I get? Lies... you lied to me. You had all the time to explain, but you didn't. You wanted to cover up this lie with your love. I was blinded with your love. To the point I can't see the truth. I was selfish. I was selfish to ask you to help me when it is my own health issues. But you are selfish too! You used my health issues to satisfy your wants! Did you know all this time I was preparing myself if something bad will happen to me...? I don't regret marrying you... you made me feel I am someone who is worthy to be loved. But I think we both need space, we need a break...

My tears making me hard to speak.

Jungkook: Please let me explain!

I was in shock.

This is the first time ever, he talk to me in a loud voice. I didn't say anything, I feel heartbroken that all words I could think of is getting out of my mouth without a second thought.

Do I want to hear his explanation...?
Will his explanation actually fix everything...?

Jungkook POV
I know it isn't right to speak in a loud voice. But I need to explain, I need to explain!

Jungkook: I'll explain everything, please listen...

She calmed herself and prepared to listen to what I will be saying. Every part is important.

- Flashback -

It was like every other day, where I finish work. But today is my Birthday. Although it's my birthday, but no one really knew.

I feel lonely...
I feel empty...
On a special day, I thought I could be happier... but I wasn't...
I was even more sad...

I went to the nearest cake shop and looked for a cake. I thought maybe I should still eat a cake, as celebration.

I went up to the counter and said,

Jungkook: Can I have a cheese cake please.

I didn't pick, I just want to get a cake and that's it.

Cashier: Is there any specific flavour, type or design you will like to choose from?

I didn't know... I kept quiet... it just felt like everything was the same.

Suddenly there was a voice behind me,

???: You should get this one! This cheesecake taste really nice!

I turned around and I saw her smile.

My heart skipped a beat. It felt so unreal, but I felt warmth. It felt like my world have became bright, full of hope.

???: Is it your birthday today??

Her sudden question pulled me off, but I responded.

Jungkook: Yes it is.