37

George woke the next morning to Dream moving around behind him; an arm tightening around his waist and pulling him closer, the blonde's face nuzzling into the back of his neck. It made him smile, a warm feeling flooding his chest as he melted back into the embrace, his hand moving to lace with Dream's as he sighed happily.

"Morning, baby," Dream mumbled from behind him, his voice muffled and still rough with sleep.

"Morning," George replied quietly, his face still melted into a smile.

He let himself stay like this for a few minutes, happy in Dream's arms, before making an attempt at pulling away from the blonde. But the arm around his waist tightened instantly, Dream's still half asleep voice sounding out, "don't leave me, George. I just wanna cuddle with you."

George smiled as Dream trailed light kisses along the back of his neck, pulling the brunette impossibly closer as he continued struggling to get away.

They both melted into quiet giggles, Dream finally flipping George onto his back and laying across him, keeping George pinned to the bed as he happily mumbled, "there, now you're stuck here with me."

George groaned and rolled his eyes playfully, but finally surrendered and wrapped the blonde up in his arms, his fingers running slowly through blonde waves as he responded, "fine, you win Dream. But can you at least hand me my phone?"

But Dream's eyes were already closed, a happy grin on his face as he rested his head against the brunette's chest. His voice was quiet and sleepy when he answered, "what do you need it for? We're cuddling right now, George."

George laughed quietly, lightly pinching Dream's arms in an attempt to get him to open his eyes as he answered, "stop being so needy. I wanna text my friends to see if they can come over tonight."

At this, Dream's eyes finally opened, flickering up to meet George's as he asked, "oh? What changed your mind?"

George shrugged, falling quiet for a minute before answering, "I don't know, but I think you're right...I don't think I have anything to worry about with them, and I'm tired of hiding such a big part of myself. Besides, I feel better knowing that you'll be there with me."

Dream lifted his head, smiling at George as he shifted himself up, kissing the brunette's nose as George giggled. His voice was soft when he spoke next, a smile still on his face as he responded, "I'm proud of you, George."

~

George was standing in the small kitchen, nervously pacing around as he finished preparing small trays of food for his friends. He had kept himself busy all afternoon; organizing the apartment, going to the store to get snacks, then getting himself and the food ready.

Now, his friends would be arriving at any moment, and he was bubbling with nervous energy, wanting to make sure every detail was perfect for when they got there. He looked forward to them finally getting to meet Dream when he wasn't using, to actually get the chance to speak to one another rather than just see each other in passing at a random party.

And they were going to meet him as George's boyfriend, rather than just the roommate that he had a complicated relationship with. As he thought about this fact, some of his nerves began to fade, a smile pulling at the corners of his lips.

He turned to leave the kitchen, making his way down the hallway and towards the bedroom, calling out, "Dream? Are you almost ready? They're gonna be here soon."

He was greeted with silence, his eyebrows furrowing together as he pushed the bedroom door open. But his face melted into a smile again as he saw Dream, standing in front of the mirror, his eyes scanning over his outfit, an uneasy expression on his face.