24

"George," Dream spoke, his voice low and dangerous, his expression unreadable as he stood in front of the brunette, "what are you doing?"

George's eyes flitted down to the phone that was clasped in his hand, his heart thumping in his chest and his cheeks flushed with warmth.

"Nothing," he mumbled quietly in response.

He looked up to see Dream's jaw tick in anger, his hand ourstretched as he said, "doesn't look like nothing. My phone, please, now."

George placed the phone into Dream's open palm, retracting his hand quickly and stepping back, his eyes cast down in embarrassment.

Dream remained silent, his eyes scanning over the lock screen in search of what George had been looking for. He sighed when he found it, and George's eyes flickered up to meet his gaze.

"You can't just go through my shit, George," Dream finally spoke. Although his jaw was still held tight, some of the anger had slipped away from his tone.

George knew he probably felt guilty, knowing that the brunette had seen Fundy's name on the screen. And although he was wrong to do it, he couldn't take it back or unsee it now.

"I know, I'm sorry," George answered quietly, his voice small and still tinged with embarrassment.

He watched as Dream slipped his phone into his pocket, his arms crossed over his chest as he said, "why did you do it then?"

George fell silent, knowing that he would never get a better opportunity than how to finally voice his concerns. But he was nervous, his heart beating hard in his chest as he stood in front of the blonde.

He took a slow breath, his eyes locked on Dream's as he finally said, "I did it because you've been acting weird, Dream. Ever since the night of the party things have been different between us."

Dream shook his head almost immediately in response, but his eyes dropped to the floor and his voice was quieter, guilty almost, when he responded, "that's not true, George. Everything is exactly the same, you're just overreacting because of what happened at the party."

George could feel his anger bubbling up under the surface, but he tried to keep his tone even and calm, "I'm not overreacting, Dream. You've been moody and distant. And you've been disappearing for hours at time, and not to mention the fact that you've obviously been hiding that you've been talking to Fundy."

Dream ran a hand through his hair as he inhaled sharply, his jaw ticking in anger again. His voice had dropped low again as he responded, "it's none of your business where I go or who I talk to, George. And it definitely doesn't give you the right to go through my phone when I'm not in the room."

"I didn't have a choice, Dream! You've been lying to me, whether you'll admit it or not. So yeah, I checked your phone, but only because..." George's voice trailed off; the words had fallen from his mouth quickly, before he had a chance to even think them over.

Dream's eyes lifted to meet George's, his voice quiet and his gaze steady as he asked, "because what, George?"

George took a slow breath, holding Dream's gaze as he quietly responded, "because I don't trust you, Dream."

A silence settled over them, George's words hanging in the air between them. His eyes searched Dream's face, and he saw a flash of something other than anger, something more like sadness. It almost made George wish he could take back the words, but he knew they were too far past that point, so he remained silent, his eyes dropping down to the floor between them.

Finally, Dream's voice cut through the silence, steady and quiet as he said, "you're not my boyfriend, George, so why don't you quit acting like it. Just mind your own business and stay out of mine. I don't need your help, I already told you that."