5

For the next couple days, the only thing George could think about was the kiss. He replayed it over and over in his mind, and there was one thing in particular that he kept coming back to.

It was now Tuesday night, and George was sitting on his bed with his laptop open in front of him. Dream was lying on his bed, his eyes fixed on his own screen as a movie played.

George looked up from his screen, his eyes focused on Dream as he worked up the nerve to finally say what had been on his mind for days.

He cleared his throat loudly and Dream looked over, one eyebrow raised questioningly as he said, "do you need something, George?"

George looked down for a second before looking back up at Dream and saying, "actually, yes. I wanted to ask you something, about the party."

Dream paused his movie, moving his laptop and propping himself up on one elbow so that he was now facing George. He looked over at him with a grin, waiting for the brunette to continue.

George swallowed hard before nervously continuing, "I was thinking about the kiss, and well...you didn't...you didn't pull away, Dream. You kissed me back."

Dream laughed quietly before responding, "that's not a question, George."

George felt his face warm as he rolled his eyes, Dream laughing again in response.

"Okay, well, why did you kiss me back?" George attempted again. For his own peace of mind, he needed to hear it from Dream, why he hadn't stopped George.

Dream kept his eyes focused on George for a moment, a brief silence settling before he finally spoke, "I don't know, George. I guess because I wanted to? I don't see what the big deal is, it was one drunken kiss."

George nodded, only somewhat satisfied with the response. He wasn't sure what he had wanted to hear, exactly, but he didn't think this was it.

"Okay, fair enough," George decided to respond with a somewhat forced smile. He didn't want to push further and risk making things too weird.

He dropped his attention back down to his laptop, his mind drifting as his eyes focused on the dimly lit screen.

Dream's voice pulled his focus back, his eyes lifting to look at the blonde as he spoke, "it's okay to admit that you liked it, George."

Dream was lying on his back again, his eyes already refocused on his own laptop, a smug smile on his face. George rolled his eyes, the embarrassment flaring up yet again as he answered, "if I admitted that, it would be a lie. Sorry to disappoint you, Dream."

Dream laughed, low and quiet before responding, "sure, whatever you say, George."

~

The following day, George decided to make his way onto campus. With only a few days left before classes began, he wanted to see the university and spend some time at the library to get himself prepared.

He took a walk around the campus, taking in the towering old buildings while trying not to feel too intimidated. Eventually, the harsh winter air forced him indoors, seeking warmth and the comforting quiet of the library.

He spent the better part of his day there, enjoying the solitude of the still mostly empty building. It was also nice to get some time away from his dorm room, and from Dream.

But as the sun began to dip below the horizon, George figured it was time to head back. After spending the day scanning over textbooks and emails from professors, he was looking forward to climbing into his bed and relaxing.

He packed up his things, zipping his jacket up as he readied himself to face the cold weather. He made his way across campus quickly, relief setting in as he glimpsed his dorm building in the distance. He couldn't wait to get himself indoors and out of the cold.

He made it to the steps leading up to the front door, pausing at the bottom as he heard a familiar voice say, "hey, George. Where ya been all day?"

He turned towards the voice, his eyes settling on Dream, who was leaning against the railing, a cigarette between his lips.

"The library. Why, did you miss me?"

Dream laughed, taking a long pull from the cigarette before dropping it to the ground and using his foot to grind it out.

"The library? Really? You really are a nerd, aren't you?" Dream said with a small smile.

George inhaled sharply as he narrowed his eyes at Dream and said, "you said you'd stop calling me that."

"I lied," Dream answered as he took a step closer towards George, who sighed and rolled his eyes in response.

George turned away, climbing the steps quickly with Dream following behind him. They made their way back to the dorm room, George dropping his bag on the ground and kicking off his shoes as soon as he got inside.

He unzipped his jacket, pulling it off as he looked over at Dream. The blonde was leaning against the door, his eyes fixed on George.

"What?" George asked, nervous energy flooding his body.

Dream pushed off from the door, walking over towards George as he spoke, "oh nothing. I was just thinking about our conversation from yesterday, when you said you didn't like the kiss."

"Oh really? Did I upset you, Dream?" George answered, his tone somewhat teasing as he kept his eyes on the blonde.

Dream was close to him now, standing right in front of him as he looked down at the brunette and said, "actually, you did. I've been told I'm a very good kisser, so I don't see how you couldn't enjoy it."

George scoffed at the show of arrogance from Dream. He figured the blonde was just messing with him, so he decided to play along and see how far he was willing to take things, figuring Dream would back down quickly.

"Prove it, then," George said, a smug grin on his face as he looked up at Dream.

Dream raised an eyebrow as he responded, "oh really?"

George kept his gaze steady as he nodded at Dream, waiting for him to break. But instead, Dream took another step closer to George, closing any distance between the two.

He slid his hand to the back of George's neck, using his thumb to tilt the brunette's face up towards him as he quietly said, "I'm not playing games with you right now, George."

The shift in Dream's demeanor surprised George, his heart racing as he kept his eyes fixed on the blonde. He decided to go along with it as he said, "who said I was playing games?"

Dream smirked at him, moving his other hand to grip George's waist before leaning down and pressing their lips together.