22

*TW: mentions of assault, mentions of drug use*

George followed Niki back into the main room of the party, his eyes quickly searching around the room to find the source of her concern. But the room was much quieter than before, with only small clusters of people spread out around it. It was getting late, and most people had started to drift out of the house and back towards the comfort of their own homes and beds.

Niki motioned for George to follow her down the hallway, his heart fluttering nervously in his chest as he prepared himself for what he was about to see. He half expected to walk into a room and find Dream and Fundy hooking up, a sight that would absolutely crush him.

When they reached a closed bedroom door, he was surprised to see Fundy sitting on the floor, his back against the wall and his hand cradling his face, wiping blood away from his nose. Sapnap stood over him, with Karl fussing over his hand and making sure he was okay, both of them talking in quiet tones. Piecing it together on his own, George figured that it was Sapnap's fist that had collided with Fundy's face.

As George approached, forced smiles made their way onto Sapnap and Karl's faces as George quickly questioned, "what the hell is going on?"

Karl stepped forward as he explained, "Fundy and Dream were in the main room together, and they were all over each other, like...kissing and stuff. But Dream seemed really out of it, we think he took something but we're not sure what. And then Sapnap came back here to use the bathroom, and he saw them in the bedroom together. Dream was trying to leave but Fundy wasn't letting him, so Sapnap went in and punched him."

George looked over Karl's shoulder at Sapnap, giving him a small grin as he said, "thanks, Sapnap."

Sapnap flashed a confident smile, shrugging his shoulders as he said, "no problem, the dude's a complete dick anyway, so I didn't mind. Dream's out of it, but he kept asking for you."

George's full attention was on Niki now as she pushed open the bedroom door painfully slow. As his eyes adjusted to the dark, he could just barely make out a lone figure lying on the bed. He stepped into the room, his eyes now adjusted enough to notice that the figure was Dream, and that he was lying on his back passed out, head lolled to the side.

"Shit," George muttered under his breath as he made his way over to Dream. He kneeled down on the bed beside him, both hands gripping the sides of the blonde's face as he said, "Dream! Dream! Come on, you need to wake up!"

Dream's lashes just barely fluttered, his eyes opening just enough for George to see the green irises roll back in his head as he passed out again. George's heart was beating nervously, his hands trembling as he gave Dream another shake. But it was no use, the blonde was out cold.

He was suddenly aware that Sapnap and Karl were close behind him, Karl's hand on his shoulder as he said, "I drove, we can help you bring him back to the dorm."

George nodded appreciatively; it was comforting to have people there who were willing to help him. He couldn't even bear to think of what would have happened had Sapnap not been walking down the hallway at the exact right moment.

With the help of Sapnap, Karl, and Niki, the group managed to move the unconscious Dream from the bed to Karl's car. He was laid out in the back seat, his head resting in George's lap as Karl drove them back across campus.

George's body was all frayed nerves, his hands running soothingly slow through blonde waves as they drove.

By the time they reached the dorm, Dream had only just started coming around; his eyes just beginning to flutter open, his pupils dilated and his eyes unfocused.