30

*TW: mentions of drugs/drug use*

The walk back to the dorm was a blur for George, with his mind racing and his heart pounding in his chest. Fundy's words were ringing through his mind, the implication behind them all too real after what George had discovered in Dream's drawer.

As he approached the bedroom door, he paused for a moment, closing his eyes and taking a few steadying breaths. When he opened his eyes, he felt better, more level headed.

But there was still a certain anger coursing through his body, a sense of betrayal knowing that Dream had lied to him yet again.

He pushed open the bedroom door, his eyes landing on Dream immediately, who was pushing himself up to a sitting position on the bed as he heard George entering, a welcoming smile on his face.

"Hey George," Dream greeted him, "how were classes?"

George walked into the room, dropping his stuff near his desk as he casually answered, "they were good. How's your day going so far?"

Dream shrugged, answering with a simple, "not bad."

George only nodded, sliding into his desk chair, his eyes drifting back over to the blonde. Dream was focused back on his laptop, his eyes scanning over the screen. George took the time to really look at him, to see if he could spot anything off, anything unusual in his appearance or behavior that might confirm the brunette's suspicions.

But there was nothing, he looked the same as always, his demeanor unchanged. It almost made George angrier, to know that Dream was so unaffected by the whole situation that he could just sit there and act like everything was completely normal.

But George didn't want to give away how he was feeling just yet; he wanted to be able to catch Dream in his lie, to see it written on his face when he finally decided to bring it up.

Luckily, the opportunity arose rather quickly, when Dream looked up from his laptop and said, "do you wanna go get food or something?"

George looked over his shoulder at the blonde, forced smile on his face as he shifted his body to see him better and calmly said, "sure, Dream."

He pushed himself up from his chair as Dream shifted himself towards the edge of his bed, his voice still calm as he continued, "oh! Before we do that, you should probably return Fundy's call."

Dream paused immediately, seated on the edge of his bed as his eyes snapped up to look at George, eyebrows furrowed together as he quickly asked, "what are you talking about?"

George crossed his arms over his chest, his eyes locked on Dream as he answered, "oh, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about, Dream. I ran into Fundy on my way back here, and he said something about having more of whatever it was you were looking for, and just to give him a call back when you get a chance. Maybe we can stop over to pick up whatever it is."

George watched the blonde's face closely, his heart beating wildly in his chest despite the calm demeanor he was displaying. And as he watched, he saw exactly what he was looking for; Dream's face changing into something like worry, a nervous expression overtaking his features because he knew that he had been caught.

"George," Dream finally spoke, his voice quiet and shaky, "I can explain-"

But George cut him off, his voice getting louder, the anger finally breaking through as he said, "explain what, Dream? Explain how you're still lying to me? Explain how you've been going behind my back and seeing Fundy? Please, explain it to me then, because I'd love to hear how any of that is okay. Or better yet, why don't you show me your phone, Dream? Prove to me that you haven't been contacting Fundy."