Embarrassment

JK's POV

"Jennie, we're in serious trouble." my mother says as I sit across from her at the restaurant table.

"What?" she was always dramatic.

"I need money, more than last time."

"For what?" I say while looking at the menu.

"Money or you'll have to marry a friend's son." I drop the menu when I hear her and start to laugh.

"Are you drunk? Should I look for a clinic or something?"

"One of your father's old contacts came to our house" she swallows hard and furrows her brows "Seems they discovered some of your father's debts that weren't paid and now they want the money or for you to marry one of their son."

"Not even dead that son of a bitch leaves me alone, right?" I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Jennie Ruby Jane! Don't talk like that about your father!"

"I'm not lying." I shrug and pick up the menu again.

"So?" she says after a few minutes, her tone anxious and nervous.

"What?" I look at her without understanding.

"How are we going to do it? Do you have the money or are you going to get married?"

"Neither. We're not going to do anything. It's not my problem, mom."

"You've got to be kidding, Jennie! We're at risk and what if they kill me?"

"Your husband should have thought of that before, don't you think? I'm not going to spend the rest of my life paying for someone else's mistakes."

"Jennie, please! I'm asking you to help me and get rid of all of this once and for all."

"This time there's nothing I can do."

"Jennie."

"I'm serious, mom"

"If you don't help me, I'll have to take drastic measures."

"What would it be?"

"I'll talk to Kim Jisoo." She says in a threatening tone.

"Excuse me?" I sit correctly in the chair.

"Don't pretend she didn't come back."

"How you... Are you stalking me?"

"These people are."

"It doesn't matter, this time, neither you or anyone else will disturb what exists between me and Jisoo, be aware of that." I get up and pick up my bag.

"Jennie, please." She gets up and takes my arm.

"I'm serious." I pull my arm out of her hand "If you or anyone tries to get between me and Jisoo again, I swear I'm capable of killing because of it, so don't even think about planning anything to hinder us or you'll regret it."

*******************

"You look so tired." Jisoo says as soon as I open the door.

"There were some things that pissed me off a lot." I sigh and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Wanna talk about it?" she enters and closes the door softly before hugging me.

"Yes, but now let me enjoy this hug." I lay my head on her chest and close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"You own all my hugs, Jendeukie." She says softly and laughs as she caresses my waist.

"I can't lose you again, Chu." I press against her, but she moves away, her hands on my shoulders.

"What are you talking about, Jennie?" the worried and fearful tone.

I pull her to the couch and sit beside her while I give a brief rundown of what happened.

Even though I fear her reaction, I say everything and she spends some minutes in silence, looking at some distant point on the wall.

"Ask for their contacts, Jennie." She looks at me again.

"What do you mean?"

"Names, places where they're and things like that. Any information."

"Why?"

"Because we're gonna need it."

"Jisoo, what are you talking about? I won't give them any more money and..."

"Jen, calm down, nobody will give money to them." She takes my hands.

"I don't understand." I pout and feel my eyes sting "Chu, will you leave me?"

"What?" She looks at me in surprise.

"I don't want you to go again." I say softly.

"I'm not going anywhere without you, Jennie, and I'm glad you thought of telling me instead of freaking out and sorting things out on your own like last time." she smile.

"One year taught me a lot." I pout and she laughs.

"A year might have been good for us. A year without you, but to make sure we're together for life."

"So romantic." I roll my eyes.

"We're going to investigate these people who are trying to extort you and free you from all this."

"What if they find out and come after us? Or do something to you? I would never forgive myself if something happened to you because of me, I shouldn't have told you..." She pulls my face and glues her lips to mine, kissing me softly.

I grip the hem of her shirt and Jisoo pulls me closer to her, sliding her hand to the back of my neck.

"We'll be discreet and do everything without arousing suspicion." She whispers as she moves away "Besides us, we'll need Sehun, is that okay with you?"

"If you say you know what you're doing, I trust you." I say still with my eyes closed as I feel her breath hit my face.

"Let's get over it to focus on our future, Jendeuk." She smiles, making me open my eyes and smile when I see that face so lit up.

"Our future?" I say in a provocative tone.

"Only if you want it to be." she pouts.

"I want everything with you." I fill her with quick kisses and she laughs.

"Yeah? Even skydiving?"

"You would never jump with a parachute, you're afraid of heights." I stick my tongue out at her and she rolls her eyes.

"Haein was asking about you, what you like and things like that. I think he wants to get to know you better." I feel a strange chill to hear this.

"I don't want to know him." I turn away from her automatically.

"I understand you're jealous, but..." I put my finger to her heart-shaped lips.

"No, it's not just jealousy. I really have a bad feeling about him. There's something about his posture or his gaze that gives me the creeps, Chu, and bad creeps."

"Why?"

"Nobody is perfect and good all the time." I say thoughtfully.

"Okay then." she shrugs "I like him, I think he's a good friend, but if you have this bad feeling, I'll start pulling away from him. I don't want anything to leave you like this, my mandu."

hey, my babies, we're nearing the end of this story :) 

don't forget to vote, pls