Hard

JK's POV

"I didn't understand your logic." I take a sip of the milkshake while I wait for Kai to chew his burger.

"Have you ever fished?"

"Look at my perfect face and ask again." I roll my eyes.

"When you go fishing, you throw the bait and keep moving it, release a little to attract the fish and then pull, do this several times until you get it." His face is smeared with ketchup and I bite my tongue to not laugh at this scene "The same logic applies to Kim Jisoo. You go, you two have your moments, but then you go back a few steps, play this game until she goes crazy to the point where she can't be without you anymore."

"Who said this will work?" I squint my eyes. This conversation is very strange.

"I saw the comfortable way she was acting when she knew you were still in the company, but it was just me saying we were leaving, that I saw how tense she got."

"Kai, we spent a year apart due to my mistake!"

"And wasn't she the one apologizing to you? Shouldn't it have been the other way around?" he gives an amused smile. "Dude, she's so into you."

"Jisoo has always been the least proud of both of us, but that doesn't mean she isn't." I say thoughtfully "And if she gets tired of this stupid game you want me to do? What if she stays with Haein?"

"She's just friendly with him, nothing more. He's creating too many expectations." he shrugs and bites the hamburger again.

"I'm finding this all too risky."

"My plan hasn't worked out so far? Trust in me!" He pats my hand.

"Yes, but that seems too risky. Reject Jisoo after all, I've done it before and she didn't have a lot of patience. She has to see that I've matured!"

"You did it before and it worked, didn't it?"

"But things are different now. Jisoo doesn't seem to be in a joking mood anymore."

"Trust in me! If you told her to bark, she would be barking. She's crazy about you."

"Just as I'm for her." sigh thinking about those dark eyes.

"You two are such bitches." he laughs and I raise an eyebrow at him "One of the other, I mean."

"Oh, I hate Haein, he won't let go of Sooya for a second! I haven't been able to have lunch with my best friend for weeks because of him!" Rosé says irritated as she throws her things on the table and sits beside Kai.

"Why is he so interested in my Chu?" I pout.

"First, because it's Jisoo, second, he fell in love with her the moment he saw her, third, because he's trying to win her over." Rosé says it like it's obvious.

"Again, I hate him, but he won't get anything from her." I finish drinking my milkshake.

"I wouldn't be so sure if I were you, you better keep yourself present in Jichu's mind and heart to not take risks."

"I told you, Kai!" I punch him in the shoulder.

"Trust me, I'll find a way to get Haein away from her for a day so you can play your part in the plan."

"What are you talking about?" Rosie looks at us in complete confusion.

"Kai devised a plan for me to win back Jisoo and make her crazy about me." I smile proudly and Roséis surprised now.

"Wow, and do you think this will work? I mean, she's already crazy about you."

"We'll make her more, much crazier about Jenjen." Kai laughs proudly "I want to be best man at the wedding."

"And I'll be the godmother." Rosie smiles and I shakes my head laughing at them both.

************************

"It's not as simple as you think, Soo." Haein brushes some hair out of Jisoo's face and I take a deep breath. We're at a launch party for one of his company buildings.

"It's never as complicated as you say." Jisoo rolls her eyes and laughs.

"I know you're angry, but don't even think about giving in, don't give her attention tonight." Kai puts his arm around my waist and we start walking through the hall.

"This food is so wonderful. I love parties." Lisa says and I roll my eyes.

"Doesn't Rosie feed you? You look like you haven't eaten in days."

"That's true, you're right" she pouts "She's menstruating this week." I choke on my drink.

"LISA!" some people look at us and Kai is patting me on the back.

"You said I haven't eaten for days! I'm taking my lust out on food." She sighs and Rosé approaches us.

"What's the reason for the little scandal?" She looks annoyed at us.

"I think someone is calling me! See you later." Kai makes a point of getting away from us before Rosé explodes.

"I was just commenting that Lisa is hungrier than usual." I say carefully.

"I'm too." Rosie steals a snack from Lisa's plate that furrows her eyebrows, but soon returns to normal when she sees Chaeng's expression.

"Eat, my baby, do you want me to get more food for you? I'll take whatever you want!" Lisa says quickly and I hold back a laugh.

"Hey!" The hoarse and whispered voice in my ear makes me shiver.

"Are you going to start, rabbits?" Rosé says irritated.

"I thought a lot about you in the last few days, I tried to talk to you, but you were always busy." Jisoo turns me to her and I frown in confusion. I didn't do anything these days. This is the plan of Kai.

"Really?" I look at her in surprise.

"Of course, Jendeukie, I..."

"Princess, it's time to go!" Kai appears and smiles at Jisoo "See you later, Miss Kim." and drags me out of the party.