Mr.L let out a gasp and pointed at the newspaper he was holding.

"Have you read this yet!?" Mr.L exclaimed.

"No....." Daisy trailed off.

Mr.L shot up from his seat and thrust the paper at Daisy, pointing at one of the articles. She took the paper and looked it over.

"A circus?" Daisy questioned, "In... Rogueport?"

Mr.L nodded and pointed at it again.

"It says in the description that it's run by JESTERS! Not clowns, JESTERS!" Mr.L exclaimed, "He's THERE!"

Daisy chuckled a little as she read the article.

"I take it that means you want to go..?" Daisy asked, "You realize that this is probably a stretch and that you have a large chance he's not even there."

"Well, then it's one last chance I'm willing to take!" Mr.L stated.

Mr.L froze in place and then blinked a few times, letting out a yawn and rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Daisy chuckled.

"Good morning, Luigi." She laughed.

"Mmmm... Good morning." Luigi replied, "Was I sleepwalking?"

"Something like that," Daisy replied.

Luigi opened his eyes and came to a realization.

"Mr.L got out again, didn't he?" Luigi asked.

Daisy nodded.

"Uh-huh, and it looks like we're going to Rogueport," Daisy stated.

---------------------

~Start Music~

Some fireworks ignited over Rogueport as the grand finale to a show over at the circus tent. The crowd cheered as they watched the colors light up the sky, marking the end of the act. All three of the mystery magicians had vanished as soon as the fireworks launched, their act leaving everyone starstruck.

Meanwhile, one of the magicians had reappeared back at his hide-out that was hidden underneath the town. He walked inside with a sigh, placing a gloved hand on the half-masked part of his face before lowering it. He walked over towards a large wall covered with mirrors, glancing behind himself before spinning a mirror around, revealing a clone of Luigi in a black jumpsuit. He led the clone out by the hand and looked it over, a want in his eyes. 

The man walked over to a desk and began rummaging through. At one point, he pulled out a silver music box. He reached to turn the handle but stopped himself. Instead, he took the box and set it off to the side. He reached back inside and then pulled out a green piece of cloth. With the green cloth in hand, he started back towards the clone of the man in green.

He reached the clone and placed his hands on its shoulders for a moment. The man then took out the green cloth as if to gag the clone, only to wrap it gently around its neck at the last moment. He walked out from behind to look at the clone, a sigh escaping his lips as he did. He shook his head as he walked back over to his desk, scowling to himself as he sat down.

?????: Ten long years...

              Living a mere façade of life!

              Ten long years...

              Wasting my time on smoke and noise!

He got up and walked up to the clone, staring into its dead eyes.

?????: In my mind...

              I hear melodies pure and unearthly...

              But I can't give them a voice...

              Without you.....

He reached out and placed his hands on the clone's shoulders.

?????: My L.

              My L...

              Lost and gone.

              Lost and gone...

A tear streaked down his face but he quickly wiped it away. He took the clone and led it back over to the mirror.

~Stop Music~

As he led the clone off to the side, the door to the hide-out burst open, and in ran two jesters. One was small and lacked arms, while the other was taller and had pointy teeth.

"DIMMY! We found something you wanna see!" The smaller jester exclaimed

The man hid the clone behind the mirror and turned to face the two other jesters.

"My name is Dimentio, and you both know it, Marx, so use it," He sighed, "What's the problem?"

Marx chuckled as he walked over.

"Jevil and I both intercepted some tickets!" Marx exclaimed.

"So?" Dimentio questioned, "You know that's technically illegal."

"Yes, but we saw that none other than the man in green bought tickets to see the show, show!" Jevil said.

Dimentio froze.

"He did... Did he..?" Dimentio murmured.

Both Marx and Jevil nodded in response.

"He ordered about ten tickets," Marx stated.

"Ten?" Dimentio questioned.

"Yup!" Marx replied, "Eight adult and two child tickets!"

"Two CHILDREN tickets?!" Dimentio exclaimed.