Perhaps Sirius was jealous of the new student. After all, Lyra hadn't seen as many girls swoon over someone since Sirius came back one summer after finishing puberty. He had a strong jaw and cheekbones that surely could cut someone. Perhaps it was the french in him, but Lyra was positive the man was sculpted from marble. Her mind wandered to what he looked like under his loose shirts and sweater vests. Surely he was just as sculpted along his torso and...other places.

"You're drooling, Rudolph," Remus teased as he snapped his fingers in front of Lyra's face, "Keep staring at Pierre like that, and we're gonna start to think you're picturing a strawberry shortcake."

"Ah, a shortcake fan?" Pierre grinned, looking down at Lyra with those ice-blue eyes that made a shiver shake down her spine, "I have to say, I pegged you for more of a devil's food cake, girl."

Lyra rolled her eyes at the twos jousting, leaning back in her chair, "Remus here likes to tease. But it's true; I do love strawberry shortcakes. My mum does the best. Then again, I'm pretty sure it's my dad that makes it."

"Well, I suppose I'll have to try them myself one day," Pierre grinned, winking at the girl before turning and striking up a conversation with Remus.

Lyra sighed and turned her attention back towards the book in front of her. She'd known Pierre for a week and could already peg him as a flirt. He flirted with her and seemingly with a few other Gryffindor girls as well. But the way he spoke to her was softer, as though he was genuinely interested in what she had to say and what she was thinking. But Lyra couldn't let herself get too comfortable with him; she got hurt the last time she did that.

Lyra never had luck with love. It took a few heartbreaks, but eventually, she stopped trying and became the man-eating flirt of the Gryffindor house. It was easier than risking having her heartbroken and stomped on again. She preferred playing people versus being played, especially as a fool. Many guys did that to her early in her Hogwarts years, and she sometimes wished she could get revenge on them. She was able to once and a while, though.

Lyra knew the power she held over many guys in the Gryffindor house or even those outside of it. Sometimes she exploited that and used her charming ways to seduce the men, letting them have their way with her before eventually, she left them out to dry. She wasn't sure what void she was trying to fill by doing such things, but Lyra wouldn't deny the adrenaline she felt rushing through her when she came out on top.

"Are you joining us for the annual Butterbeer Battle, Pierre?" Lyra heard Remus ask, taking her attention away from her book, "It's today. I'm sure James and Lyra would love for you to come."

"I suppose so," Pierre grinned, turning his head to look at the girl who now peeked her eyes over at the two, "Lyra, is that alright with you?"

She gave a simple shrug, not wanting to show the excitement that bubbled deep within her, "If you want to. I won't say no. Doubt James would either."

"Then I'll join in," Pierre grinned, lazily draping his arm over the blonde's shoulders, "Who typically wins?"

"James likes to say he does," Remus chuckled, "But it's Rudolph over there who typically beats him. Peter is the judge, therefore no bias. But he's had a bit of a crush on Lyra for a bit, so James thinks he's cheating."

"A crush, eh?" Pierre chuckled, "And here I thought he was into me."

"Everyone in the group has had a thing for Lyra at one point," Remus shrugged.

"That's not true," Lyra chuckled, shoving the french boy's arm off of her, "Sirius wouldn't be caught dead with me."

"We'll go with that," Remus teased, sending the younger twin a wink.