Chapter Four: Who's Lena?

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

If he had the balls to punch himself in the face, he would've. How could he be so reckless?

Jimin hadn't shut up about her the whole day before the party and Jungkook had already had it up to the brim with the mention of her name.

Do you think Raine will come?

I'm going to be more assertive tonight and make sure I talk to Raine.

What if Raine doesn't like me?

Should I ask her out?

Jungkook had to tell Jimin to shut up just to keep his sanity. Jimin was far too interested in someone he'd only seen once and it was driving Jungkook up the wall. If he wanted to sleep with the girl, then so be it. He didn't understand that part of it either, but if that's what flowed Jimins boat then who was he to sink it? What he didn't want to do was listen to any more of Jimin's lovesick rambling.

Obsessing over the girl all night wasn't what Jungkook had planned and what fucked him up the most was that for a moment, she was looking at him the same way he was looking at her. Then he saw the way Jimin lit up when he talked to her, how much of an effort he was making to make the first move, and he instantly felt like shit. His friend liked this girl and here he was thinking with his dick, like usual.

Jungkook tried to stay out of the way and ignore them. He had even tried to use the hostess from the restaurant as a distraction all night, but it was pointless. As much as he tried not to, his attention drifted back to Raine. He was captivated by the way her eyes lit up whenever Jimin made her laugh during beer pong, and even the cute disgusted faces she made whenever she had to take a shot. He became entranced by every curve of her body, unable to take his eyes off her for more than two minutes.

The longer he watched her and Jimin interact, the more he wondered what would've happened if he hadn't been such an asshole when they met. Jungkook knew doing so was wrong and the only way he could think of stopping was to fill himself up with enough liquor to tranquilize an elephant. He was hoping to only pay attention to the blonde woman who had been hanging off his arm all night because he could have her.

He was wrong.

Drinking as much as he did only made matters worse. That wondering feeling quickly turned into jealousy whenever he saw Jimin with Raine. Even with a girl sitting on his lap at his beck and call, he wanted to be in Jimins' spot. It became too much when he saw Jimin sit her on that counter and stand so close to her. Jungkook knew what was about to happen and he felt the uncontrollable urge to stop it. He wasn't proud of it, but before he could contain himself; he was pulling Jimin away from her with the excuse that he wanted to drink with his best friend.

What a friend he was. It was low of him, especially knowing how much that must've taken out of Jimin, but he didn't care at the time.

And he really didn't care when Raine appeared in the doorway of his bedroom. He wanted her and in his deranged intoxicated mind, if she was in his room, it was because she wanted him too.

Jungkook overstepped boundaries he never would've crossed if he was sober and now he had a lot of amending to do. If Jimin ever found out what he did that night, he probably wouldn't speak to him again, and that scared Jungkook. He couldn't lose any more people he loved.

Jungkook had even shown up early to class Monday morning, hoping to catch Raine outside before the lecture. He stood outside the classroom with his hands stuffed into his jean pockets to stop him from biting his nails. More people began walking past him and into the classroom, but Raine was nowhere to be found. He waited as long as possible before the professor threatened to leave him outside.