Chapter 14-1

At the contact of my lips against his neck, Yeraz's breathing quickened. The artificial light from the fireplace kept his room from being completely dark. After the dancers' rehearsal, on top of the roof, I had naturally followed him home. Alistair's heavy gaze hadn't succeeded in bringing me to my senses.

Standing in the middle of the room, I inhaled the essence of his scent deeply until it made my head spin. Yeraz plunged his hand into my hair to free it from its elastic. With his other hand, he pulled down the zipper on the back of my dress before sliding it down to my hips. His fingers hastily caressed my breasts, insistent, as if he had held back for too long already. He then helped me to unbutton his shirt before pressing his naked chest against mine. A small cry escaped from me as the heat of his skin burned mine. His lips fiercely slid up my throat and came to crash violently against mine. Gasping, I kissed him back, trying to catch my breath. My head throbbed painfully and my whole body shuddered as he slipped his fingers between us to caress my intimate area. Yeraz prevented me from moving away from him. His other hand, placed in the hollow of my loins, held me firmly. He was all muscle and much stronger than I'd imagined.

He moved his face back to let me catch my breath. Two veins had swelled on his forehead. His eyes, burning with desire, stayed on me. More dominant than ever, he pulled me against the wall and removed my dress while continuing to look me straight in the eyes. I begged him with my eyes to kiss me again, which he did. Pushed against the cold wall, I couldn't move back. With his knee, Yeraz spread my legs and I felt his erection against my belly. His movements between my thighs made me feel a sensation that was unknown to me. I pulled my face back so I could breathe as he continued to move his pelvis. A wave of pleasure threatened to wash over me.

"Yeraz," I whispered. "Wait... I..."

He didn't seem surprised by how I was feeling. His lips moved down to my breasts. The exquisite sensation of his tongue against my skin forced me to close my eyes and squeeze them. He then raised his face and with an eager, breathless whisper in my ear, he said, "Tell me he never made you feel like that!"

I knew he was talking about Caleb. I shook my head vigorously, unable to speak because I was so overwhelmed with pleasure.

"Tonight, you're mine!"

His voice, with its hoarse intonations tinged with jealousy, revealed how possessive he was. Yeraz slipped his hand between my thighs to take over my private area. I was, at that moment, completely his.

He grunted when my fingers slipped in his pants and closed on him. Excited, breathing short, he unbuttoned them and offered me his erect member. I pulled on it. He started to kiss me again, his breath heavier, more impatient. Suddenly, the thing growing inside me threatened to explode. I screamed, not caring for a second if we were alone in the house or not. Yeraz pulled down his pants a little more and then lifted me against the wall. The orgasm arrived violently as he started thrusting inside me, tightening his embrace to reach the height of his own pleasure with a series of spasms.

Feeling diminished, he carried me to his bed after he had half-dressed. When my head touched the pillow, my eyelids became heavy. I resisted sleep to enjoy this perfect moment with him.

"You should sleep," Yeraz said, his face above mine. "Ronney, there has never been any sentimental appeal between other women and me. You won't have flowers on your bedside table tomorrow, or a sweet message on your pillow when you wake up."

Had he seen the panic in my eyes to feel compelled to talk about our relationship? I nodded, aware of the message he was trying to send me.

"I know," I whispered, hearing his blunt words. "I like that better than fake promises."

The good thing about growing up in my skin is that nothing can delude you. I looked down and held back a laugh.

"What are you smiling about?"

Yeraz knelt down on the edge of the bed and looked into my eyes.

"How ironic, that I'm on the same level as Ashley and the others. I swore I would hate you for the rest of my life."

He gave a small, ironic snort before answering.

"And me, I swore to myself that I wouldn't find you attractive or interesting for the rest of my life."

I let out a laugh. A curious emotion passed over his face.

"So, you find me attractive?"

Yeraz's confidence cracked.

"I think so."

He lowered his head before taking refuge in an uncanny silence.

"Yeraz? What's wrong?"

A blade seemed to be piercing me. I was so afraid to hear what he was going to say.

"No, I don't put you on the same level as Ashley and all the other women I've slept with. This is the first time I've ever felt complete respect and admiration for someone."

I thought my heart was stopping.

He was silent again and then added in a soft, but imperious voice, "If I hadn't had my mind on something else this week, I probably wouldn't have forgotten my gun and my fists would be intact. I have to stay cautious every hour of the day and night, but with you in my thoughts, it's not as easy. I can't afford to let my guard down."

I looked down at his hands. My fingers caressed his skin, as if I had the power to heal him, to close his ugly wounds. Yeraz winced slightly.