Chapter 4-2

The hallway displayed art in a psychedelic setting, with a mix of Versace and Louis Vuitton. The rooms were pleasant, comfortable, and uncluttered in shades of beige, and offered a generous perspective throughout the property. Paige told me that the property also had an indoor pool, a fitness room, and a movie theater. I felt like I was in the fourth dimension.

I took off my Converses as I entered the room. The floor was covered with a beautiful thick cream-colored carpet that gave the room a soft atmosphere. At the back, a slim, average-sized man and a slender woman with blonde hair were making up a young woman sitting in front of large mirrors. The atmosphere seemed good-natured, based on the laughter that echoed within these walls.

"Ghita, these are from Yeraz."

When the hostess turned to face her assistant, I gasped. She was even more beautiful in person. I was standing in front of one of the most famous women in the world, whom I never thought I would meet. Her features were perfectly symmetrical and her large, black almond eyes, lined by eyeliner, seemed to come straight out of an animated film, so much they were dazzling. The young woman touched her abundant hair, then questioned Paige with her eyes, who hastened to make the presentations.

"Miss Ronney Jimenez, your brother's assistant."

Ghita smiled, revealing a perfect row of white teeth.

"Nice to meet you. Are you from here?"

The man and woman continued to do her hair and makeup while glaring at each other. I knew they would speak about me as soon as I left the room.

"Yes, Bakery District, across the lake."

"Paige, bring a chair for Ronney, she's not going to stay standing. These are my two assistants, Adele, my makeup artist, and Adriano, my hair stylist."

"Thanks, but I have to go. Your brother gave me a thousand things to do."

I began to feel very uncomfortable, not belonging here. But before I could say another word, I was sitting in a soft, bouncy chair.

"I'll take care of my twisted brother, don't worry. Aaliyah will be here soon."

"And Cyliane?" asked Paige, standing next to me.

"I don't know what she's doing. She's probably in the forest talking to a tree, or in a cemetery trying to wake up a dead person."

A man, lying on the young woman's bed a little further away, burst out laughing, followed by his assistants, who were crowded around him. I hadn't paid any attention to Hadriel when I'd entered the room. The young man waved at me to greet me and immediately looked back at his phone. There was a perfect confidence about him, an unpleasant insolence. Unlike his brother, Hadriel had slightly longer hair and no beard. Even his figure seemed less imposing. Only the color of their eyes was identical.

"No, but it's true," says Ghita with a stunning smile. "Cyliane is so timeless! And to think she's my brothers' favorite..."

She had pronounced her last words slowly while observing Hadriel who didn't react to this not dissimulated reproach. On the contrary, he smiled without looking at us. Ghita lowered her eyes to the impressive bouquet she was holding and added, "They are beautiful. Peter is in the office downstairs. I'll call him and have him put them in a vase."

Paige handed the phone to Ghita. I didn't want to see Peter. What excuse could I find to get out of there before he came into the room? And damn it! What was he doing in this house? He was the assistant of Camilia, not of the Khan sisters. By the time my brain worked out an escape plan, the middle-aged man was already there with two pairs of shoes in his hands. When our eyes met, he examined me again from head to toe with disdain.