Chapter 27

I changed my clothes into decent ones when I got home, and I just waited for the time that Lirilyn gave me, until I told my driver to drive me to the address that she gave me. 

I saw the five-star restaurant that Lirilyn chose, and someone guided me to a VIP room when I said her name, so she had reserved it for us. I knew that we would talk about an important matter, and I am sure that it was about Javis because no one connected us but him. 

When I entered the room that the waiter brought me, I saw Lirilyn sitting on one of the chairs. 

She immediately shifted her gaze towards me.

She smiled when she saw me as if we were close friends, and she motioned with her right hand to the other chair in front of me.

I sat in front of her not giving her a smile. I don't want to be plastic. I don't hate her, but I don't like her either.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience," she started. 

"No, it's alright." 

Maybe this is the right time to talk with her. I don't see any hatred in her face, so I am kind of guilty of what I did. After all, I used her physical appearance, and it was not right. Between us, I am at fault.

"I don't know what food you want to eat, so I ordered their main dishes. Let's eat first, shall we?" I just nodded, and out of respect, I ate the food that was ready for us.

Kinuha ko lang yung pagkain na nagustuhan ko sa tingin.

Pareho naming inabot ang table napkin at saka tahimik kaming kumain, ang mahihinang kalansing ng mga gamit namin sa pagkain ang maririnig sa buong kwarto.

"I know everything now. I know you are meeting with him," she started after we finished eating the main dish.

"And why do you want to talk with me?" I asked when the waiter entered and left after he brought the dessert that Lirilyn already ordered.

I looked up to see her. She's wearing a yellow scoop-neck faille midi dress that matches her milky skin. She really is a beauty. She looks like an angel, literally.

She has a nice smile, and her soothing and soft voice matches her physical features. 

"I know you know what I want to talk about. It's him."

"And what about him?"

I heard her sigh deeply as if she was hesitant to tell me. "I'm sorry."

I didn't get what she suddenly said, so my forehead creased. I am actually the one who should have said those two words.

"Why?"

"Because you didn't do anything bad to me and yet I am here."

Napaayos ako sa aking pagkakaupo at pinakatitigan siya.

"Just tell me directly what you want to talk about," I frankly spat, though I don't mean to be rude.

I saw how she avoided my gaze when she looked down on her plate.

"You knew that there's something between me and Javis, right?" she asked and I nodded my head. 

"And I also knew that you knew anything I did for him because you had your spies on me," I added.

"I'm sorry for that. I know I'm not in the right place to do that. They are the ones who approached me first and told me about what you are doing, and it was my jealousy that took impulsive actions to hear more about you... and I won't justify my actions because it was me in the end who decided to do it, not them. So I want to apologize."