Chapter 9

"What are you doing here, Lili?" he asked me once again when he noticed that I was still not answering him.

"J-Javis..."

Nilibot niya ang tingin sa buong lugar.

"This is not your place," he stated.

Bumaba siya sa kanyang sasakyan at nilapitan ako.

He looked at me and at the plastic with snacks inside of it that I was holding.

Right, I have come up with something to reason out.

"I just bought snacks..." His thick brows furrowed.

"You bought it here?" he asked, confused.

"Yep. I am with my classmates. We stayed overnight in their house to do our research. That's why I bought some snacks."

Mabuti na lang talaga mabilis mag respond yung utak ko sa ganitong sitwasyon.

I remained calm, so he wouldn't notice that I was lying.

"Oh, and there's no one who comes with you to buy it? It's already in the evening, and it's dangerous to go outside alone."

"Kaya ko naman. Saka diyan lang yung subdivision, safe naman." Tinuro ko yung gate ng subdivision.

Luckily, my hair was in a messy bun too, so he wouldn't notice the difference in my hair.

"Your Dad allowed you?" he asked again.

Bakit parang nang gigisa 'to?

He saw my expression and that's why he continued. "I'm just worried about you," he uttered softly.

Sobrang kakaiba ng approach niya sa akin kapag ako si Lirilyn sa mata niya. Not unlike what happened in our school earlier when I was Shantal in his eyes.

Siguro ako na yata yung pinaka ayaw niyang tao.

"Ahm, okay." I don't know what to say.

"Babalik ka ba kaagad sa classmates mo?"

I bit my lower lip.

He accepted my reasons. Hindi naman nakakapag taka dahil imposible pa ring may maniwala na kaya kong maging si Lirilyn sa harap ni Javis. Who would believe that? Baka kung hindi ko mismo nararanasan ay mapagkakamalan kong baliw ang magsasabi ng about doon.

"H-Hindi naman,"

"Libot tayo rito? I wanna be with you tonight. Hindi ko alam kung kailan ba ulit kita makikita."

I was contemplating what to answer, but my mind was saying to decline him.

But I found myself slowly nodding my head.

I saw him biting his lower lip to suppress his smile.

I held both of my hands to stop myself too.

Naglakad kami sa maliwanag na daan kahit na gabi na.

The wind is a bit cold even though I am wearing my jacket, but I felt warm when I was with him.

"Too much school work?" he asked.

"Yep," I said popping the p.

"You?" I asked back.

"Yeah, but I can manage my time well though."

He really is organized.

"Your message to me..." I want to talk about his message to me, but I am hesitant to open up about it.

"Ah, those girls who happened to have fought at the back of the soccer field. We had our practice, and I heard shouts, so I am the one who witnessed it," he explained in detail.