Chapter 26

Remembering what happened yesterday, it was like a dream that I was with him... with my true identity. 

But I need to wake up to the reality I have. 

I need to fix my own mess. I need answers to my own questions. I can't just stay like this forever. I can't always escape everything because I am the one who started it all.

And before I could start everything again, I needed to visit my parents and Yra. It's been days. I need to talk with them even though I know that they will never respond to me.

I need to face this alone, so I don't bother anyone, not even Jandro, who texted me that he wanted to check on me. I refused.

I just replied to him through text that I wanted to face my problems alone. I want to be brave again. I want myself back again. I want to be myself, the one who is an independent and fierce woman.

When afternoon came, I decided to wear a simple white shirt and grey sweatpants. I also added a cap and a mask to cover my face. 

I visited Yra first. 

When I finally got in front of her coffin... I still couldn't believe that this happened to her. If I can turn back time, I will fight with her. I will be there for her. I will give her hope. I will give everything that I didn't give in her last moment. 

"I want to get the justice you deserve, Yra. If only you are here with me, I will fight beside you," I whispered to myself while looking at her peaceful face. 

If there's a chance that I can bring back all of you, I will do everything, even if I lost anything in life.

After seeing Yra, I went to see my parents.

At first, there were many things I wanted to tell them, but when my eyes fell on their faces... everything in my mind went black.

All I want is to hug them tight. Kailan ba nang huli ko yung ginawa? Hindi ko na naalala. 

A tear fell from my eyes. 

"You are not the perfect parents, but you did everything to give me all I needed and wanted, even if I didn't ask for it. You chose the best for me, even if it means getting away from me to work. Thank you for everything," I uttered with the most sincerity.

"And... I'm s-sorry. Sorry. I'm really sorry."

I removed my mask and wiped my tears. 

I ran away from them. Hindi ko pa rin kaya. 

How can I continue my life like this? I am so lost. 

When I was on the street, I bumped into another person... and of all people, it was Drynna. She was the one who approached me to help me with Javis. The one who helped me get the magic necklace.

She got my left arm and told me not to fall on the ground. I look like a helpless person in my situation right now.

"Shantal..." When she uttered my name, I just had this urge to hug her.

She was shocked at first, but after that, I felt her hand on my back, hugging me back.

I cried on her shoulders. She's the only person who will understand me right now. We don't always see each other, and heck, we are not even close. But she knows everything. She's aware of what I did... and she's probably aware of what happened to me.

"Drynna," I whispered her name.

"Hmm?"

Humiwalay ako nang yakap sa kanya saka pinunasan muli ang aking luha. Wala na ba silang iuubos? Kahit anong sabi ko sa sarili ko, hindi ko na talaga sila mapigilan.