Chapter 17

Today was just another typical day, it was neither rainy nor cloudy, nor colder or warmer. Today was just like yesterday, nothing new.

Everyone's still talking about our promenade that happened last week. Some of my friends, my co-officer in SSG, and some acquaintances, even those students I don't even know asked me why I left that day when everything was still in the middle of enjoyment. I'm tired of giving them my excuses as I will never tell them what happened to me. Now someone still asking me and I'm just giving them a shut-up-smile, and they will stop.

Like what I always did when I got hurt because of Javis, I will just keep myself busy so my heart will ache less.

Now thinking about being busy, we're busy with our practice for an upcoming graduation and compiling our requirements for each subject.

I'm getting used to Yra excusing herself after our class. I still don't know what she's attending some errands like what she always reasoned out to me. I understood her, but we are not having our bond like we used to.

So like what happened this past few weeks, today, I came to our house alone. I just head directly to my room and do nothing.

I haven't meet Javis as Lirilyn too after that happened to us in our promenade. But I do have plans for the summer, well, I'm still estimating if I'll be able to do that plans of mine.

When I finally came into my room and did my usual routine, I sat in front of my vanity mirror and stared silently at myself.

"I'm beautiful, indeed."

When was the last time that I complimented myself genuinely? Medyo matagal na rin pala, it's so embarrassing that I am aware that I have my beauty but I need to pretend to be someone else just to be loved by the person I love.

I just sighed with my thoughts. This is what I chose, so I need to bear all the consequences.

Ang bilis lang din ng oras, next week will be our graduation day. My mom and dad will arrive next week too, so this week that I need my parents for our practice, they are not with me. Even Yra's parents didn't come for the practice, I understood it. Having the same feeling with Yra when it comes to our parents, we are each other's comfort.

I just fell asleep while thinking random things on my head.

Things are still usual, but today after our practice for graduation, I told my driver that he doesn't need to pick me up because I will have some time for myself, and I will just take a grab. I will go alone to the mall since it's been a while when I shop for myself.

I didn't ask Yra to join me because I already know her answers. I know she's been busy on something, I can clearly see it through her face, even in her actions. Pansin ko na rin ang pagkalalim ng eyebags sa ilalim ng mga mga niya, ang pag payat niya, ang pagiging maputla at parang palaging pagod... feeling ko may kung ano rin siyang pinagkakapuytan, I am really eager to know what's up with her this past few weeks, but I also want to respect her personal space. I know she will tell me about it when the right time comes for her.

I roamed around the mall and entered boutique shops to look for my new clothes and other stuff that I would like.

Not having my parents around me, means they spoiled me with luxurious things, and they spoiled me to get all the things I want.

After hours of wandering around the mall, I am holding five shopping bags that I bought from different stores along with me. I bought dresses that I really want, not those clothes to match the personality of Lirilyn. For now, I will just think about myself.

I kind of tired of roaming around, so I decided to stop in a restaurant to eat for my dinner. I didn't even realize that it's already dark outside. Kakatingin ko ito sa mga kung ano-ano na hindi ko naman balak bilhin o hindi ko mga nabili kahit gusto.