"THATS MY DUCLKING!!"

Had this idea for a bit

This doesn't follow cannon.
Tommy and Dream are good friends and they were attacked causing Dream to die as he saved Tommy. Not wanting to leave Dream's body, Tommy made his way back to their home.

Trigger warning: grieving and death

All Tommy could do was rush back to his home. He did have Dream with him but he was killed while protecting him. Thick tears ran down Tommy's cheeks as he struggled with the dead body of his friend on his back plus the weight of telling everyone. Soon he could faintly hear familiar voices and picked up his pace.

It was all a blur but he was in the middle of everyone as he was on the ground with he head resting on Dream's corpse. Soon he saw his father asking him what happened and the voices of confusion turned into worrying.

"Mate, what happened?" Philza's voice echoed through Tommy's ear as more tears falls down and he chocked on his words.

"It's back. Dream saved me but it cost him his life dad. ITS BACK!!" The last two words rang throughout everyone's ears as Tommy was pulled back by Sam who was filling what Philza was saying. Tommy tried to get out of Sam's grip but gave up as he knew nothing would bring Dream back.

"Bring his body to the med room. He could still be infected." The pained tone could most definitely be heard by everyone. Before anyone could follow that order, a voice yelled out causing everyone to stop.

"LET ME THROUGH! LET ME THROUGH! THATS MY DUCKLING! THATS MY BOY!" Puffy. The sheep hybrid pushed everyone out of her way as Foolish followed behind her. Philza stepped back, knowing the same pain she felt when Wilbur was killed. She knelt beside the body of her youngest and cradled his head in her lap as she continued to yell.

"THATS MY BABY!" No parent should have to hold their child's dead body or live passed them, yet Puffy had to. And there was Foolish. Poor Foolish. He and Dream were like two peas in a pod. Always doing something. Both had each other until they met Puffy. Yet, there he was sobbing as he watched his dad holding his baby brother.

"D-Dream?" His voice barely heard as tear streamed down his face and he fell to his knees sobbing and yelling.

"WE STILL HAD SO MUCH PLANNED!" That was true. They were going to make an area for Puffy to show their gratitude for taking them in as her own children. But, they couldn't. At least one is able, but the other would never be able to hug anyone.

"H-he saved me. H-he died. If I was more careful he would still be alive." Tommy said causing Sam to hug him and take him away from the scene. Sam's hugs were nice, but nothing could fix the pain that everyone felt as Dream sacrificed himself for his friend.

A mother crying for her child.

A brother wanting to spend more time with him.

A friend who witnessed it all.

A community grieving together.

A pain that would take years to shrink.