forty-one: silverfinger

Start from the beginning

Scott looked up, "Coach."

"The joke we played on Coach. That was my idea. You remember?" Stiles asked, "That was my idea. That's no coincidence. It can't be." Kennedy looked down in thought, trying to figure out what any of this could mean.

Scott struggled as well, shaking his head. "I don't want to sound like I'm trying to tell you that you're wrong. But I don't think you're trying to kill people either."

Stiles looked down, before back at the board again. He crumbled the paper in his hand. "It was here. It was all here." Kennedy purses her lips together, putting a hand on his shoulder. Stiles flinched at the contact, but he relaxed as he looked at her.

"Stiles, are you feeling okay?" She asked finally, her  voice softer than usual. She reached up, running her hand through his hair. "You look really tired." Stiles looked down, nodding.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just haven't been sleeping really." He confessed.

Scott looked at Kennedy. "Why don't you go home? Take a sick day or something?" Scott offered. Kennedy nods, looking at her boyfriend.

"I'll drive you home, if you let me," Kennedy said softly. Stiles looked between them, nodding. Stiles linked hands with his girlfriend, letting her lead him out of the classroom.

Stiles sighed as he walked aside her. "I'm sorry. I know I sound insane-"

Kennedy cuts him off. "No, don't." She remarks. Stiles paused, frowning. "You're not insane, okay? You were there for me when I was literally dreaming of the future, I'm going to be here for you for whatever this is."  She seemed stubborn about her stance, and it made Stiles smile softly with his glossy tired eyes. "I love you way too much to let you go through this alone."

"I love you, too," Stiles whispered, pulling Kennedy in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around his torso, rubbing her hand up and down his back comfortingly. He closed his eyes for a second, seeing the last dream he had flash before him.

"STILES!"

The teenage boy spun around. He was in a large, dark, empty room, but he could hear her. He could hear Kennedy.

"Kenny!? Where are you!?" He yelled out. Her screams filled his ears, and he ran in the direction of the sound. It felt like a never ending tunnel, seeing the girls small frail figure at the end. She was covered in dirt and blood. She looked up at him in relief. "Kenny, are you okay?"

She smiled weakly, "Stiles, I was so worried. I thought-" She suddenly stops. Stiles stares as her mouth gapes open, blood spilling out. He looked down, seeing a stab wound straight through her abdomen. She was bleeding fast. His eyes met hers, and he saw them flicker between red and brown.

"Kennedy?" He whispered, stepping closer. Kennedy seemed to choke on her own blood, falling into his arms. Stiles sobbed as he shook her, seeing her eyes droop. "KENNEDY!"

He opens his eyes again, still in the hug. She was okay. She was here, hugging him. She was alive. Kennedy slowly pulled away, smiling up at him. "Why don't I take you to the doctor?" She asked quietly. Stiles searched her eyes, seeing a loving look that he felt comfort in. He nods, keeping their hands intwined as they walked out of school together.