forty-one: silverfinger

Start from the beginning

"Since this is our first experience with demonic ninjas, we're thinking we should play it safe." Ethan says.

"All day."

"And all night." The McCalls finishes the sentence, sending Kennedy an annoyed look.

Kennedy walked along side her friend. "Think of it like your personal body guards! You're almost like a celebrity now."

Inside, they all walk to Scott's locker. "Okay, one thing first. I need to talk to Stiles and let him know everything that happened last night." He turns his head to the twins. "Without you."

"No."

"Yes." Scott argues. Kennedy pulls out a lip gloss from her purse, reaching into Scott's locker to pull out a mirror she kept there at all times. "And I don't want you listening in. No wolf hearing."

Aiden shrugs. "How would you even know?"

Scott pauses, "I'm a true Alpha. You have no idea what I can do." He says before he shuts his locker. "We'll be back." He remarks. Kennedy smiled at the twins, waving goodbye before running after Scott.

Stiles walks over, seemingly more jumpy than usual. "Hey, guys, thank god you're here, I have to show you guys something," He says. Kennedy and Scott share a look.

"Okay, what is it?" Scott asks his best friend.

The two werewolves listen to Stiles's frantic rambles. "So then Kennedy starts talking about phosphors and the key having chemicals on it, right?" Stiles tossed his keys on the table, "And so that made me think of the chemistry closet and the fact that someone had to let Barrow in," He stops, looking at the white board. "It's gone." He whispered. Kennedy frowned, unsure what he meant  "Okay, it doesn't matter though. It doesn't matter. I've still got the key." Stiles jogged by, rushing to the closet. "What the hell?" Kennedy walks over, seeing Stiles frantically looking at the key ring in his hand. "I had it I had it here. I had it here this morning, I swear to God, I had it this morning."

Scott speaks up, "The key you were talking about last night?"

"Yeah, I showed it to you, right? Didn't I show it to you?"

"No, you just told me about it. I never actually saw it."

Kennedy speaks up, "But I saw it. I saw it in your locker and I saw the phosphors on the key." She says, looking between the two boys. "Maybe you left it somewhere."

Stiles breathed heavily, looking at the chalk board again. "I was here a couple of hours ago. And the message left to Barrow spelling Kira's name was right there on the board in my handwriting and I had the key to the chemistry closet."  He rambled. Kennedy shook her head, trying to comprehend what he was saying.

"So you unlocked the chemistry closet so Barrow could hide in it from the cops and then you wrote him a message to kill Kira?" Scott asked, not really sure how any of this made any sense. Kennedy felt concerned about Stiles, seeing the way he was acting. It wasn't normal, not for Stiles.

"I know how it sounds, but look at this." Stiles reaches into his pocket, pulling out some paper from his pocket. Kennedy looks over Stiles's shoulder. "This is the news report that came out about Barrow when they caught him, okay? About the shrapnel bomb that he used." Stiles pointed to the words on the pages "See this? See what he did? He put nuts, bolts and screws. And then he hid the bomb and the detonator in a box that he wrapped as a birthday present." Kennedy's shoulders slouched as she thought back to halloween "What does that sound like to you?"