Dinner and a Sleep over?

Lucy POV: 

I sighed as i closed the door to my apartment building. I didn't really know what to say to Natsu. I don't know whether or not I'm actually still angry at him. It was just a heated moment. If only i could tell him why I have to be so cold to everyone. As I walked into the living room space everyone was either seated on my couch or they sat at the bar to my kitchen. 

Levy, Gajeel, and Mira were sitting on the couch, and Juvia, Gray, Erza, and Jellal were all seated on the bar stools. Which only left a seat on my love seat couch. Natsu had been staring at the seat like it had some sort of disease.

"Natsu? Why the hell are you still standing there man? Take a seat.", Gray spoke out. Natsu turned his head to him slightly and glared at him. 

"Why don't you and Juvia sit in this spot. it's definitely more for lovers anyway.", he replied sharply. Juvia had turned as red as a tomato and Gray was appalled for a second. 

"What the hell fire breath?! I don't know what your problem is, but you know that Juvia and I are just friends. She's the one whose obsessed with me.", Gray snapped. Juvia had looked really sad by his comment though. 

Before Natsu could retort back, I jumped in, " Alright! That's enough, Natsu" I looked at him for a second. He turned his body to look straight at me seeming to tell me with his body posture that I've got his undivided attention.  'I wonder why that is', "I would like to talk with you out on my porch for a moment. Everyone else feel free to turn on the TV, pull out card games, or help yourself to snack up before dinner." I finished, as i started walking towards Natsu and grabbed his wrist and dragged him outside. 

Once we were outside I had closed the door behind us. As i turned towards him, he was already facing my direction leaned against the wooden railing. He was staring intently at me not uttering a word. 

I sighed, "Look Natsu, I am sorry about what happened in the garden at school, but you have to realize that I have to act the way I do for a reason. I can't let you all get close to me, at least not yet anyway..." I slowly stopped talking because I didn't want to give all the information. Though I do have a feeling he's gonna want more information now that I've told him this much. 

He was looking at me weirdly, but seemed to just shrug it off, "Alright, there must be a pretty good reason for it, but let me tell you something." 

A little skeptical I asked, "And what would that be exactly?"

He slightly smiled.. wow.. i wish he'd do that more.. no! Stop it!

"Listen Luce, these people here are special. We all have something unique about us that not a lot of places do besides a few other schools. Some of those schools aren't filled with the best people either. We are trained for those reasons. I am not telling much more then that, but you can at least ask the Master when school starts tomorrow. I'm sure if you're really honest about whatever is going on, I'm sure we can help you. But that means you have to trust us.", After he finished i finally realized that they must have my ability. maybe not the same one, but they have power.. maybe he's right?

But I don't want to put them into my problems.. 

"Look, I don't want to bring you guys into my war. Plus I haven't even been able to form proper friendships with all of you, so tell me. How could i possibly ask you guys to willingly risk your lives just for my sake?", I asked. He just stared at me with what looked like a longing look.. though i couldn't understand why. 

He started laughing, my eyebrows furrowed and i was very confused on why he's laughing.

"And what the hell is so funny?"

" It's just that... haha... you really think... haha... they don't care? Please, these people are so much more caring than that. Everyone who attends Fairy Tail High is considered family as soon as you register and you make some friends here. You had already made a friend." He finally managed to stop laughed and gave me a genuine smile, "I'm your friend Luce, and I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. And I know the others feel the same as I do. You just have to be open with them." 

"I get that Natsu, I really do, but you make it seem so easy. The last time i actually opened up to someone it actually ended up being my enemy. Even though I thought I could trust him. He had turned me over. I can't just tell them anything. I wasn't even sure about telling you some of the things I've said already." I was becoming frustrated. 

he put his hands up in defense and said, " Okay, okay. Then I have a different suggestion."

I rolled my eyes, "What now?"

"Make this a sleep over. Sure some of us need to go grab extra clothes, but it would help you connect with them more. I mean, take me for instance. I wasn't to thrilled to be here at first with how you've treated me and everyone else, but you decided to at least tell me something rather then make up some lame excuse. I'm not even upset anymore, just concerned." 

I could tell what he was suggesting was genuine. It seems like he wants me to be able to trust them.. he is right though, this would definitely be a help in bringing us closer as friends. 

After pondering the thought a little more i finally agreed to his suggestion. Soon after that we had headed inside. I had asked everyone if they wanted to stay the night, all of them said yes but they did have to run home after eating to get their clothes for the night. 

Natsu was the only one who didn't need to go home, he said he always brings spare clothes because he's used to unexpected things like this. It was odd, but I didn't really question it. He also helped me blow up a could air mattresses that i had in the closet. 

Once they all arrived back at my place we set up the sleeping area then started playing card games, and 20 questions to try and get to know everyone and so everyone could get to know me as well. The night was filled with fun and laughter. It seemed like everyone was having a good time. 

And by the end of the night I was glad that Natsu had suggested in doing so. I'll definitely have to thank him tomorrow. 

A/N: It might not be too long, but I have promised to update the story. I hope you all enjoy! I'll be busy on the next chapters to come! Thank you for being patient!