Talking with Master Pt. 2

Lucy Pov: 

I was waiting for them to tell me that they were going to kick me out. I knew it was going to happen, I just chose to trust them like Natsu had told me to do. I don't know why I listen--

When the Master finally spoke, he said roughly, "I'm so glad you informed me of this. I cannot stand by and do nothing for a child of mine. I hold you close to my heart like the rest of my children. I will make sure everyone is prepared for war."

My head shot up to look at him. I felt tears starting to fall down my face. I totally thought he was going to kick me out, but instead he wants to help me with this war I'm in. It's not even his fight and he wants to help me because he cares so much about his students. I didn't realize that i was balling my eyes out until Natsu pulled me to his chest. There was something familiar about his  warmth. I snuggled closer to him and cried more. 

"Natsu? I didn't know anyone could actually touch you without being burned.. And yet you willingly hugged her even though you knew it could've seriously burned her?" Master asked.

I didn't really understand how I wasn't getting burned if other people touch him and get burned. I had pulled out of Natsu's chest. He was already staring at me with wide eyes. He quickly let go as soon as he comprehended what Master just said. I was really confused since I hadn't gotten burned. 

"Yeah... I just didn't like seeing a girl cry like that. Makes me angry what they did to her. I hate it Luce! Why the hell didn't you say anything sooner?" By this point his whole body was on fire. Master didn't seem to be fazed at all. In fact he only put papers away that could be burned. Everything in his office had been metal. Probably for reasons like this one. 

I took a step forwards, seeing if he'd let me close. He skeptically looked at me, but stood his ground and wasn't budging an inch. Normal people would not be doing what I was about to do. His flames looked so familiar, the warmth that was radiating off of him was something I have felt somewhere before, but my mind couldn't grasp a memory of him. Something was drawing me closer to him and before both of us knew what was happening I had touched his face while he was still on fire. 

I got to admit it did sting, but it wasn't actually burning my flesh. Which I found odd, but what I found even more odd was the look on Natsu's face was pure horror. He grabbed my hand quickly and pushed it away from his body, the flames disappearing as he did just that.

"What the hell Luce?! Are you insane?!!", Natsu shouted in what seems to be worry as he starts to examine my hand and arm, but he was frozen. When I looked at my own arm it wasn't burned, didn't even have so much as a mark on my skin. 

'Okay, now I'm freaked out....'

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't actually thinking as I was doing that.. but can someone explain why I'm not in immense pain?" I asked as I looked at the Master, but he too looked as shocked as Natsu, his mouth was hanging wide open. 

"I have no kind of explanation at this current moment...", The Master replied. 

"I'm just as shocked as you both are, you should've lost your hand by even touching my skin when it's inflamed like that. Trust me, countless of enemies have had it happen to them before. My flames are just that hot." Natsu finished with a chuckle and looked at me and winked. 

I blushed a little, but covered it with a laugh," Oh yeah? Then tell me why it didn't work on me? Can't be that hot." 

Natsu looked pissed at what I had said. He rolled his eyes at me as he stormed out of the room."

'Hm, must not have an answer' I thought with a smirk.

The Master cleared his throat, I turned to face him, "Look dear child, I'm going to need to be able to tell at least a small group of my top students and fighters if we're going to help you with what's going on." 

Thinking about it this just means I'm already asking them of a big request. This should just be my fight. 

'Lucy, you can't keep expecting to do everything on your own. You're going to get yourself killed that way. I think you should trust these people, they seem determined to do it whether you like it or not.' Virgo had said in my head. That way they don't let people know what I was thinking  about.  

I thought about what she said for a moment. 

"Okay, I am really trusting you with this Master. But I have one request if you do end up going through with this." I finally stated. 

"And what would that be my dear?"

"I want to be apart of the team that gets formed to track these guys down, and fight them." 

The Master smiled slightly, "I wouldn't have expected anything less from one of my children, and if you're anything like the rest of them you're hard headed and won't take my no for an answer anyway. I accept your terms, of course." 

I wanted to cry, maybe I actually found a place to call my home... 

"Thank you so much Master!" 

"Now, now dear no need to thank me. Anyone whose threatening a child of mine, I will protect them. And my children will always protect their brethren and I know you'll do the same for them if the time ever comes", he replied.

"Of course I would! Without a doubt Master! But i should definitely get to lunch before it's over."

"Alright, off you go.",

As I left his room I couldn't help, but feel the giant weight that was on my shoulder lift away. Suddenly I was so much happier then I ever thought possible. I already love these people!

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed the new chapter!