Chapter 6

Authors Note: Thank you everyone who has voted for my story. I'm so sorry the last chapter was quite short. Hopefully this chapter will clear up some questions you may have. Hope you all enjoy!

Lucy Pov:

When I was 6 years old both my parents were the richest business of the country. My parents were loved by everyone they encountered.. Until one day when this company called Sabortooth took every thing my parents had worked for. They had even went as far as hiring gang members to kill my parents. They are now looking for me. I hadn't realized this until I had tried to attend their school and one actually fell for me, but soon found out who I was and almost got me as well. 

Flashback

Mommy and daddy were organizing a fundraiser for the next banquet. Which happened to be less than a week away. It was a peaceful and sunny afternoon. I had been outside playing in the garden with Cancer until my parents called me up for some arrangements. I was supposed to be meeting a boy that same day. So they wanted me fitted for a nice dress.

However.. Not even 25 minutes into the discussion we heard gunshots.. My daddy had decided to go check up on all the fuss. Leaving my mom in the room with me.

"Lucy!", my mother whispered ", there's a secret door over here and i need you to stay in there no matter what you hear until you hear people leaving this building. I know you have Aquarius and Cancer.. But I really need you to listen this time." My mother continued while pushing me into this small closet. She closed it making it pitch black in the little space.

I wanted to panic because I hate tight spaces and being in the dark, but my mommy had told me to stay quiet. Not a few moments later and I heard the door bust open from the outside and footsteps entering the room. 

I couldn't make out what was being said until "and we'll find your daughter.. And she too will meet the same fate" a deep voice spoke.

I didn't understand what that meant at first until I heard another gunshot. It nearly made me jump right out of my skin because it was so close. I wanted to cry.. I could only imagine the sight I was about to witness when I could finally leave this hidden closet.

After ten minutes of them searching the room as I could only guess that they didn't realize there was a secret closet in here. Which is probably why i was safe in here. Though I waited another fifteen minutes just to be safe. I didn't know what else to do.

After that fifteen minutes I decided to exit the cramped closet space. When I did I couldn't help but burst into hysterical sobs. My mommy was lying there in a pool of her own blood. Her eyes wide open looking right at me. I bent over her larger body and ended up getting drenched in her blood as I tried to hold her body close to my own.

I didn't know how long I had been sitting there crying. But eventually I felt a gentle touch on my shoulder making be scream out "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME"

And suddenly the familiar voice of Aquarius spoke gently "Child... I think it is time to leave this place.. Cancer will bury your mother out in the garden so one day you can return to visit.. However it is no longer safe. I know this is hard and i loved Layla.. But we need to go"

I was hiccuping as tears kept pouring out of my eyes.

"O-okay.." Was all I could get out. I just wanted my mother back.. I didn't want to leave my home.. Everything I knew had been suddenly snatched from me.

And from that point on I had convinced myself that I would be strong enough to hold my own. And protect those close to me.

End of Flashback

A tear rolled down my cheek as I was cutting up some chicken for tonight's meal. I had another 20 minutes until the girls showed up which gives me plenty of time to finish dinner since my cleaning had finally reached its end.

I was really hoping that tonight would be fun and full of laughter.. I haven't really had that for awhile.. I'm hoping this time it'll last..

Twenty minutes finally went by as I heard the door bell to my apartment go off. I wiped my hands off on my apron and answered the door. What I wasn't expecting to see with the girls were four boys accompanying them..

One of them so happened to be the boy I was trying to avoid. The girls all gave me these apologetic smiles and hugs as they entered my home. Natsu had stayed in the back with narrowed eyes. He watched as Gray, Gajeel  and Jellal entered my tiny apartment.

I cleared my throat, "You're welcome to come inside Nastu.."

His eyes seemed to soften for a split second then went back to its narrowed state. He scoffed," whatever. Don't think I don't know what you're doing." And with that he disappeared into my home.

I stood there speechless as I shut the door quickly. What could he have meant by that.. Does he know that I'm avoiding him? Why is he so angry?

I sighed as I began to think that this night was going to go a lot worse then I was hoping for..