7 year old Lucy

Lucy P.O.V.
It looks like its going to rain again. Weirdly enough, it happens everytime Daddy comes back from a business trip. Almost like it knows how im feeling.. Everytime he comes back he always seems to drink these cans filled with poison that makes him treat me badly. He says the only reason he does it is because, im the reason my mommy left us. But I know that's not the case, my maids have told me that she was ill and right before she got really bad she had them make it seem like she just left. But they never liked seeing me in so much pain that my father put me through. At least.. whenever he was home. If im being honest,the outside world has changed to me.. it's not so bright and colorful anymore.. it just looks so dull and not so full of life. I got to admit that im really sad, but  I try to find the best in little adventures of my own.

I always have to sneak out in order to go outside without a servant accompanying me. Like their worried for my safety or something..? Anyway, I am sneaking out through my attic tonight. The attic was pretty huge and luckily has a door that leads to the roof. I usually went out at night since its less likely to get caught and because I really like seeing the stars. They always remind me of the times my mommy would bring me out to the gardens to go star gazing. I miss her a lot and its only really been a couple months since she's.. you know..

Anyway, I was looking up towards the night sky, and I noticed how clear the sky had been. Not a cloud in sight, the stars shinning brightly along with the full moon. Everything just looked so bold and beautiful the way they lit up the dark of night. My mommy would've loved it out here tonight. She would probably be telling me a few of her ghost stories, or even my favorites which will come up. My daddy used to find us out in the gardens late at night and would come check on us or bring us ice cream. But only on the occasion when he wasn't busy with his work and business trips. Those would be some of the best nights of my life. Until it changed, that is, when my mommy died. Maybe im being selfish, but I wish he never changed, I wish my mommy didn't leave, and I wish my daddy wouldn't hurt me everytime he saw my face.

I miss my daddy who would randomly get me ice cream, or the one who would play dolls with me in the gardens. And those were rare and special moments for me. I also really miss my mommy, she would tell me all sorts of stories, more scary stories.. but I never found them that scary. More interesting and sad. When she told these stories it was almost as if she had lived through them herself. Some that clung onto me were the stories about demons roaming the earth at night. They search for easy prey in the dead of night. Usually when someone is alone. She had always told me to never go outside on my own or something bad might happen. She had also said that they looked mostly human, with a few different features that wouldn't be found on a human like me. She said they were scary and mean and would do anything to hurt us humans. I wish I could say that I believed they wanted to hurt us completely, in my heart I felt like something was going to change that.

She would also have other stories to try and help make me feel better, but they always left me having questions. She had also mentioned something about Angel's and that if something bad were to happen to her that she would be with them. I never thought I'd come to find out what she meant by that, but she meant by her passing. I still have so many questions, like how did she know all this? Were they just stories or were they real events that had happened?

So many questions.. can't I get any answers?

While I was holding my knees to my chest and buried my head downward into my knees.  There was a shadow that flew over me and I didn't pay much attention to it at first because it was there then gone. I thought it might have been a giant bird.. but that changed when i was soon covered in darkness. I was confused and scared so on instinct my body tensed up. There was a feeling I had.. i couldn't explain it though. It was warm.. I haven't felt warmth in a while. It felt like Mommy.. but different. Scary but welcoming. 

I looked up.. I.. I couldn't believe what I was looking at.. this boy.. this kid.. just like me.. except looked a little older then me... had been standing over me a few feet away. He had these wings that glowed red flames. They didn't make it lighter outside like you would've thought. His small head had these horns that looked like they were barely starting to pop out.. half his face was covered with.. scales ? I don't know.. his hands and feet looked normal.. he didn't seem to have a tail? Wouldn't he though?

He seemed to be studying me. His eyes were glowing red, it almost felt like he was trying to intimidate me. But all I was was curious.  Like who is he, what is he? Soon his eyes went to a normal onyx color, and his scales and horns disappeared as he landed on the roof of my house. A strange feeling of wanting to see his beautifully warm wings and scales again. But why was I so curious about him. He's supposed to be dangerous and scary. Though I'm not scared at all. I wonder if its because of my mommy's stories.. all he's doing is standing there staring at me.. so isn't this being careful?

I didn't realize I spoke out softly until it was too late l, "Has anyone ever told you that its rude to stare... and where did your wings and horns go? ... or am I just seeing things?"

Maybe he was shocked but it took him a few minutes to respond.

"Because it might've scared you. I didn't want to have you leave so soon. I also can't help with the staring, so get used to it.", his voice raspy and deep almost like he just woke up from a nap. He kept staring like he said he would.

"I wasn't going to get scared. You're definitely different from me in a lot of ways, but I'd always love to see them again. You just seem to look less like yourself. It was like I could feel the warmth radiating off you. It almost felt like... like... the warmth of my mommy.." I softly spoke to the strange guy. I smiled up at him, I was definitely nervous, but not scared. I was nervous that he would take me away from my maids and servants that I love so dearly.

He seemed to be shocked because his mouth had fallen open. After a minute or two staring at me, he cleared his throat.

"I am not as kind as you might think child, and my warmth... well its not anything like your mother's..." he paused for a minute seeming confused, "Where is she anyway? You shouldn't be on the roof by yourself. You could fall... ", said the salmon haired demon... boy.. person..?

I didn't know how to take in his response.. let alone his question about her.. it made me sad to think about..

"Oh... um.. my mommy had to go somewhere better.. she was the one to bring me out to the gardens at night to look at the stars. It was our thing.. so I thought that maybe I could.. oh I dont know.. be able to talk with her again somehow.. even if its not really her there.. she was my best friend..

After a few minutes of silence I thought the boy didn't hear me, but as I went to speak, he started to speak.

"Oh.. I see.." he cleared his throat as if he were nervous about that topic, then asked, " Where is your father then? Surely he has to be here right?" What's with all the questions..?

"My Daddy? He's inside.. he usually gets angry every time he sees me though.. he'd get angry if he knew I had been out here all by myself.."

"So, you must not have anyone to care for you?" He asked

"I do have my maids to take care of me, and to make my meals, and sometimes to go and play. But their usually busy with all their chores my daddy makes them do.. so no.. not really. I'm kind of by myself..." I replied softly.  Mommy told me I shouldn't talk to a stranger... but all he's done is ask me simple questions and stared at me.

"Well, you aren't anymore.. at least remember that..little child..", said the demon boy. Soon he was whispering words that I couldn't understand into my ear.

3rd pov:

When Lucy woke up the next morning, she didn't remember everything that happened the night before.. all she could remember was a faint dream of a boy with salmon colored hair..

Hope everyone's enjoyed this so far! I've missed my writing.. hopefully I get some views.. but I'll keep going either way!

I've just finished revising and editing this chapter! Hope its turned out a lot better!