𝟸𝟿. 𝙰 𝙲𝙾𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙳 𝙸𝙽 𝙻𝙾𝚅𝙴

Start from the beginning

"You stink too so you have to take a shower too."

Your eyes widened as your face heated up. "I'm not taking a shower with you, moron!"

A few minutes later, Five fixed his vest and took his blazer, hanging it just above his shoulder. "I didn't suggest that you should take a shower with me. I was suggesting you should take a shower."

You stood up and held your head high before passing by Five to go to the bathroom. "For the record, I just thought you were suggesting it but I never want it."

Five rolled his eyes. "Sure, sure."

Just as you entered the bathroom, your foot slipped on the wet floor causing you to slip. Five instantly dropped his blazer and spatial jumped, catching you in time. His hand was behind your head while his other arm was holding you. One of his knees was supporting your back while the other one was kneeling on the ground.

You opened your eyes that you didn't know were closed. You looked at your hand and saw that you were holding onto his vest. Your eyes slowly looked up seeing his face just centimeters away from you.

And you felt it. The same feeling you felt when you spent your time with Michelle years ago except you've been feeling like this since 2019 but decided to ignore it. This was stronger. A part of you wanted to lean in or pulled him towards you but you were frozen.

Five never felt anything romantic towards anyone partly because he spent most of his years in the apocalyptic future. Hell, he didn't feel anything towards the plastic doll he brought with him all the time. The mannequin was the only thing that was keeping him sane even if he looks and sounds insane when he talks to it.

And this was the first time he ever felt something. It was somehow new and scary for him while you were trying to deny it.

Your fists clenched on his vest as your heart beats faster. Five looked down on your hand before looking back at you. "(Y/n)..."

"I think I've seen this kind of scenario in movies and T.V. shows." You stifled a laugh as you looked down, looking away from him. "Cliché."

Five pressed his lips into a thin line as your eyes welled up in tears. He quickly panicked and lightly shook you. "(Y/n)? What's the matter?"

"Why is the floor goddamn wet?" You choked out between your cries. "What the hell did you do in there?"

"(Y/n)..."

You leaned into his chest and buried your face, staining his vest with your tears. Five sighed and hesitated but embraced you, his hand lightly brushing your hair. "I'm sorry." He heard you apologize with your muffled cry. He didn't know exactly why you were crying but he figured that maybe hugging you might comfort you a little.

This night was so supposed to be full of chats between you two because you two haven't talked for so long even for Five. But instead, you got emotional with the realization and how you were feeling and ended up being hugged by the person you were previously tasked to kill.

Meanwhile, Lila was at the Handler's hotel room. Her wound being treated by her adoptive mother. She was spacing out that she didn't hear what her mother's lecture was. "Hey, were you even listening to me?"