𝟶𝟹. 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙳𝙾𝚆𝙽 𝙰𝙽 𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙽

𝚃𝚘: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁𝚂
𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖: 𝙿𝟻𝟷𝟹𝟾𝟸𝟻𝙷
𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟶𝟹𝟸𝟿𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴: 𝙷𝚄𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙳𝙾𝚆𝙽 𝙰𝙽 𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙰𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙽

━━━━━━

"Griddy's Doughnuts? That sounds familiar."

Tracking down one of your own was difficult. That's because no one has ever betrayed the Commission. No one dared to. But here you are, hiding in an alleyway, hunting down one of the dangerous assassins of the Commission who's trying to prevent the apocalypse from happening.

You couldn't understand why he would think he could even prevent the apocalypse. It's an apocalypse. How can you even stop that from happening?

You stepped out from the shadows and walked towards the diner with your hood and mask on. You blended in with the crowd surrounding the diner and stopped in your tracks when you heard a faint beeping noise. You looked down and noticed a small green light. Picking it up, you scanned it before scoffing. "You sneaky bastard."

You avoided being seen by the police and some people around and got inside the shop from the back door which leads towards the back room and the kitchen.

You opened the door slightly and saw a bunch of police and dead bodies around. 'Damn.' You leaned a bit closer to a wall near the door to hear what they were saying. You saw a woman approaching an old lady in a pink waitress outfit. "Ma'am," The woman called out to the old lady. "I'm Detective Patch."

"Hi." The old woman greeted back kindly. "Agnes. Agnes Rofa. Oh, I don't know, did you want a last name?"

"I'll take it if you'll give it."

To hear them clearer, you took out some gadget you found on the package that was sent to you and slid it towards them without anyone noticing, and luckily no one was stepping on it. It stopped right at the old lady's chair's foot and with attaching some earbud on your ear, you could hear them clearly and loudly.

The gadgets that were sent to you were made on your own. It looked advanced and you only use them instead of the whole Temps Commission. They wanted old style but you wanted to try something new and more innovative.

The detective sat down across the lady and began to ask questions. "Did you see what happened here?"

"No, not exactly."

"Let's start at the top."

You smirked. 'Let's start indeed.' You raised your wrist up and tapped something to your bracelet to record everything they're talking about.

"Well, it was... it was a slow night." The old woman began her story. "It was quiet. My last two customers were this... older guy and... and his kid. The guy had a dough... no, that's not right."

You continued to listen.

"The guy had an éclair, and the kid had... had coffee."

You raised an eyebrow. 'Kid ordering coffee while the older guy had an éclair? As far as I remember Number Five hates sweets and likes...' You blinked in surprise and realization. '... coffee.'

"I went... I went into the back room... um, to just get some more change. But then I heard his truck start up. They drove away. I heard shots."

'Wait... they?' You asked. 'If the kid really is the old guy's son... where was Five? He could be the old man and just kidnapped the kid but that's a bit unlikely.'