𝟶𝟷. 𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙰𝚃𝙴 𝙽𝚄𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

𝚃𝚘: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁𝚂
𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖: 𝙿𝟻𝟷𝟹𝟾𝟸𝟻𝙷
𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟶𝟹𝟸𝟺𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴: 𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙰𝚃𝙴 𝙽𝚄𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴

━━━━━━

"(Y/n)?"

You looked up to see A.J. Carmichael by the doorframe, leaning against it, and has a pipe between his fingers. You set your gun down and stood up from the floor, dusting yourself off.

"I assume you're preparing for your next mission?" Carmichael asked as he smoked his pipe. You just nodded wordlessly. Carmichael nodded along in understanding. "Good to see you always prepared."

You removed your black mask as you approached your table. "Well, you always taught me how to be ready and always be prepared. Something bothering you?"

Carmichael doesn't visit you when he needs something and you know that. Hearing him chuckle, you turned around to me as you sat on your table and sharpened your knife. Carmichael smoked again but instead of smoke, it was bubbles that came out from his fish lips. "You haven't heard the news?"

You looked up at him from your knife and shook your head. "What news? I just came back from a mission, A.J."

"You know Number Five, yeah?"

Number Five. One of the best assassins of the Commission. He's a ruthless and incredibly efficient assassin. Most of the employees in the Commission cower whenever he walked around the halls. Five has killed countless individuals on missions in different years.

There was a difference between you and Five. You kill people who are more deserving to be dead while Five kills people when the Commission asked him to do so. You investigate the people you were assigned to kill thoroughly and when there's enough evidence, you kill them ruthlessly.

Even if your way was still a bit merciful, you were still one of the deadliest assassins in the Commission.

You scoffed as you raised your knife up, admiring how you sharpened and shined it. "What about him? Killed another bunch of people?"

"He disappeared."

You froze and looked back at Carmichael with narrowed eyes. "What do you mean?"

"He was on a mission to kill Kennedy. Suddenly, he disappeared. Nowhere to be seen." Carmichael explained. "One of the best assassins became a traitor. He betrayed us."

"Well, you trusted the bloody bastard too much." You sneered as you hopped down at the table. "Why don't you send Hazel and Cha-Cha there? They're like the second-best hitmen here."

"We did. Well, the Handler did."

"Then what the hell are you doing here?"

"I want you to eliminate him."

You laughed, taking it as a joke but you saw Carmichael in all seriousness and didn't laugh. Your smile suddenly faded. "Wait, you're serious? I'm going to kill him?"

"I doubt Hazel and Cha-Cha will be able to find him. And if they did, they still won't succeed. Like what you said, they're second-bests."

"And?"

"And the Handler is definitely up to something. She will bring back Number Five but I want him dead. I don't need traitors in the Commission."

You leaned against the table, placing your knife down, and crossed your arms. "And how the hell am I supposed to find him? Mu— no, the Handler wouldn't let me come near the bastard."