𝟸𝟸. 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝚂𝙸𝙱𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂

𝚃𝚘: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳𝙴𝚁𝚂
𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚖: 𝙿𝟻𝟷𝟹𝟾𝟸𝟻𝙷
𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟶𝟾𝟶𝟹𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚃𝚆𝙾: 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝙴𝙰𝚁𝙲𝙷 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝙷𝙸𝚂 𝚂𝙸𝙱𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂

━━━━━━

"What's taking him so long?"

Five whispered under his breath as he tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for his brother Diego to arrive. He went to the mental institution where his brother is currently at and told the guards he is a visitor and his brother.

Finally, Diego and a guard came. Diego slowed down in shock and entered the room to see his little brother sitting down. "Five."

"Hey, Diego." Five greeted back. "You look good in white."

Diego sat down just the opposite side of Five. "About time you showed up."

"How'd you know I'd be back?"

"Because that's the kind of shit you pull."

"Where are the others?"

"They're not with you?"

Five sighed. "We'll find them."

"Even your little girlfriend is not with you?" Diego smirked causing Five to roll his eyes. "What? You two worked together and seemed pretty close."

"How long have you been here?" Five questioned, changing the subject.

"Seventy-five days. Landed in the alley behind..."

"Commerce and Knox." Five and Diego said in unison. Diego lifted his head in surprise. "You?"

"I got here this morning." Five replied.

"How'd you find me?"

Five softly scoffed before taking out a piece of a newspaper that Elliott gave him a few hours ago. "Page 16." Diego rolled his eyes as he leaned back to his chair. "Disturbed man with multiple knives arrested outside 1026 N. Beckley." Five read out lout the first sentence in the piece of a newspaper.

The boy placed down the paper and showed it to Diego. "That's Lee Harvey Oswald's house. Care to explain?"

"Let's just say Dallas Law Enforcement has not been supportive of my attempt to stop the assassination of... John F. Kennedy." Diego whispered the name of the late president.

"That's because it hasn't happened yet."

"And it's not going to happen. Not on my watch." Five shook his head in disbelief as Diego continued to tell his plan to him bur in a softer and whisper tone so the guards and nurses wouldn't hear. "Look, I've been shaving down the bars in my room. Another day or two, and I'll be out of this place, then I'm gonna stop Oswald and save the president. You want in, say the word." Diego winked.

Five leaned in. "Listen to me very closely, you gibbering moron." Five hissed. "You are not going to do a goddamn thing."

"Why not?"

"Because we have to stop the apocalypse."

"No shit. But that doesn't happen for another 60 years."

"Not that apocalypse. This is a new one. It followed us. I've seen it. Nuclear war, Diego, in ten days."

Diego started laughing before crossing his arms. "And I'm the one they locked up, huh? Fine, I'll play along. What causes it?"

"I don't know." Five replied with his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance and frustration. "Maybe some looney-tuned asshole with a hero complex tried to save the president and screwed everything up."