Chapter 80: You're no son of mine

Y/n Pov:

I finally took the advice of everyone and stopped worrying about who put our names in the Goblet of fire. Instead, I worked on for the second task, not knowing what it was. Unlike the second task, we didn't have any clue as to what the third one was about. I created spells, and practiced them. I even created new potions in my free time.

I thought Harry a spell or two of my own, and he was extremely impressed. He took a while to learn them, but with practice he got the hang of it.

I had forgiven Draco. Not forgiven, as there wasn't a big issue. We rekindled our relationship, keeping it a secret from everyone, except Pansy and Mione who I told.

"Open your eyes, feel the auras" Professor Trewalney said in divination. She had called the Slytherins and Gryffindors together, saying something about destiny. I eventually dozed off in the hot summer afternoon, to the sound of flies buzzing and leaves rustling.

"How could you let him go?! I'll end you" Voldemort threatened, reprimanding someone. It was Wormtail, and he was facing the dark lord's wrath. More conversation went on "He is dead, and soon enough Harry Potter will be dead and be feed for my snake" Voldemort said. "Crucio!" Voldemort cast.

I woke up panting and screaming. My scar on my wrist burned. I turned to see Harry in the exact same state. "We need to go, now" I said getting up. He nodded in agreement. We excused ourselves from Professor Trewalney, as everyone stared at us.

We head to Professor Dumbledore's office, knowing to report to him if anything like this had happened. "Do you think it's real?" Harry asked on the way. "I think it's as real as you or I, it wasn't someone messing with our minds, I'm sure of it" I replied.

We waited in Professor Dumbledore's office. He was with a few others at the moment and we waited for him to finish. I walked over to Fawkes and so did Harry. We admired the majestic bird, it's golden orange feathers, and shining eyes.

Something shiny caught my eye, and I turned around to see what it was. It was a pensieve, a beautiful one. Harry and I looked into it, as the water inside it became foggier. I could feel the time magic in it and it wasn't long before I felt as if I was falling into another world.

Harry and I fell into a courtroom of some kind, orange lighted, and with familiar people all around. Professor Moody was there, and so was Professor Dumbledore. "Y/n are you alright?" Harry asked. I nodded yes.

"Professor?" he called out, trying to talk to the Professor Dumbledore beside him.

"Igor Karkaroff, you have been brought from Azkaban at your own request, to present evidence to this council. Should your testimony prove consequential, the council may be prepared to order your immediate release" I heard a familiar voice say as Igor Karkaroff was summoned into the courtroom, locked in a cage.

The familiar voice was Barty Crouch, who Harry and I talked to after the second task. "Until such time, you remain in the eyes of the ministry, a convicted death eater" he continued.

"Do you accept these terms?" he asked. "I do sir" Igor replied. "And what do you wish to present?" Barty Crouch asked. "I have names sir, there was a Rosier, Evan Rosier" Igor replied. "Mr Rosier is dead" Barty Crouch announced. "Took a piece of  me though didn't he" Professor Moody whispered to Professor Dumbledore.

"I didn't know" Igor said. "If that's all the witness has to offer-" "Wait, no, no no" Igor yelled. "There was Rookwood, she was a spy" Igor added. "Augustus Rookwood? Of the department of mysteries" "Yeah yeah, the same" Igor interrupted. "She passed information to you know who from inside the Ministry itself" he added.

"Very well, council will deliberate" Barty Crouch replied. "In the meantime you will be returned to Azkaban" he added. "No , wait wait, please I have more, what about Snape? Severus Snape?" Igor pleaded.

"As the council is very much aware given evidence on this matter, Severus Snape was indead a death eater and prior to Lord Voldemort's downfall, turned spy for us, at great personal risk" Professor Dumbledore interrupted, slightly furious at Professor Snape's name being used.

"Lies!" "He is no more a death eater than I am" Professor Dumbledore said sitting back down. "Lies-" "Silence!" Barty Crouch yelled. "Unless the witness possesses any genuine name of consequence, this session is now concluded" Barty Crouch stated, banging his makeshift gavel.

"Oh no no no no no, heard about one more" Igor said. "Whats that?" Crouch asked. "The name" "Yes?"

"I know for a fact, this person took part in the capture and by means of the Cruciatus curse, torture of the auror Frank Longbottom and his wife!" Igor yelled.  "Give me the wretched name!" Crouch yelled. A man behind us tried to walk away silently. I realized who he was. "Barty Crouch" I muttered.

"Barty Crouch!" Igor yelled. Everyone gasped. Harry looked shocked as well, as he processed the information. "Junior" I muttered. "Junior" Igor said.

Crouch tried to run for it but Moody stopped him. Barty Crouch senior watched in shock as his son was caught. "Get your hands of me" Barty Crouch junior grumbled as he tried to release himself from the stronghold of the guards.

"Hello father" he said smirking in front of Crouch. "You are no son of mine"