Chapter 54: Unforgivable curses

Y/n Pov:

Our first DADA class of the year. Pansy and I walked over to the class and took a seat next to each other. Harry was beside me and Mione and Ron behind.

Professor Moody walked into the class, with a limp in his step. He huffed and grunted all the way to the front and wrote his name down on the board.

"Alastor Moody" he introduced himself. "Ex auror" he added. "Dumbledore asked me to teach and here I am, end of story"

"Do not put that piece of gum under the table Mr Finnigan" he yelled with his back turned on us. We turned to Seamus to see him remove a piece of gum from under the table that he had stuck on.

"He's got eyes at the back of his head" Seamus muttered. "And huge ears too" Professor Moody said turning around. "For today's class I will show you the three unforgivable curses. Now can someone tell me why they are unforgivable?" Professor Moody asked.

Mione and I out our hands up. "It's because they are unforgivable" "and use them on any human and it will land you in Azkaban" Professor Moody interrupted Mione.

He took out a spider and placed it on the table. "Can anyone tell me the first curse?" Professor Moody asked. "I heard my dad talking about the Imperius curse sir" Ron replied.

"Yes the Imperius curse, makes the receiver of the curse do anything thing you want" Professor Moody said before yelling "Imperio!" at the spider. "What shall we make him do, shall we make him jump out the window?" Professor Moody asked as he made the spider move around.

"The next one, the Cruciatus curse, causes tremendous pain to the one inflicted on" Professor Moody continued. "I believe you have some experience with this Mr Longbottom" he said glancing at Neville.

Neville gulped in discomfort. I sent Neville a sympathetic glance before Professor Moody yelled "Crucio!". It fell on its back, squealing. Many enjoyed the scene whereas a few of us were uncomfortable with the sight.

"The last one, the killing curse" Professor Moody said. "Someone in this room survived that very curse, the only to do so" he said walking up to Harry. He took out a flask and sipped it. "I wonder what he's drinking" Pansy said. "It's definitely not pumpkin juice" I replied

"I think Ms Black would like to demonstrate the killing for us" Professor Moody said looking at me. How on earth did he know I could do the unforgivable curses?

I got up as everyone watched me. "Avada Kedavra" I said calmly pointing my wand at the spider, wanting to put it out of its misery. The spider stopped moving and froze.

I went back to my seat, everyone still watching me, in shock. "How do you know that" Pansy whispered to me. "My uncle" I whispered back. Harry looked at me in shock as well but didn't ask anything.