Chapter 20: Dark magic, what do you know about it?

Y/n pov

I felt a searing pain in my head as I opened my eyes. Everything was a blur at first but eventually my vision cleared up. I was on a bed and I was surrounded by cream colored walls. I turned to the side to see Madame Pomfrey mixing up some kind of a potion and that made me realize I was in the infirmary .

"You're awake Y/n!" She exclaimed. "How long was I out Madame Pomfrey? " I asked. "3 days, it's a miracle"She replied. Before I could say another word she rushed out of the infirmary saying "I have to fetch Professor Dumbledore, I'll be right back"

Before I knew it Professor Dumbledore was beside me. "Where's uncle Remus?" I asked. "No one was allowed to visit you before we knew you were stable Y/n" The professor replied.

"Does he know I'm awake?" "I wanted to ask you a few questions before I told anyone" He said calmly. "Dark magic, what is it that you know about it?" He asked. My face fell.

That was my deepest darkest secret, the one I kept even from Uncle Remus."I have been full of dark magic for the longest time professor, not even uncle Remus knows" I replied a tear falling down my cheek. I continued.

"I believe the magic was always there, residing peacefully inside me. In my first year at Durmstrangs I could spell even the year sevens couldn't. I had my first attack when I was seven". "What do you mean by attack Y/n" professor Dumbledore asked.

I took a deep breathe and replied "The lights started flickering around me and I started to loose control of what I did. Black masses surrounded me and the pain was unbearable, it was as if my blood had turned into acid and someone kept bashing my head over and over".

"But it was more of my choice professor, if I took out my magic without anyone around, I would be the only one to get hurt, it would be better to hurt myself than hurt anyone else because of me" I added. "Why didn't you tell anyone" The professor asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Professor Dumbledore, there are a few students waiting outside to see Y/n, but I think it best that Y/n rest, her injuries are severe" Madame Pomfrey said Professor Dumbledore turned to her and said.

"I'll make sure they-" "I want to see Uncle Remus professor, I owe him an explanation from me" I said interrupting Professor Dumbledore. "If its okay with you Madame Pomfrey I think we should let her talk to her Uncle" professor Dumbledore asked. Madame Pomfrey sighed and nodded yes.

Madame Pomfrey gave me some awfully bitter medicine to help with the pain. "How severe are my injuries Madame?" I asked. "Nothing I can't fix" Madame pomfrey replied smiling. "Any broken bones"I questioned.

"A few, but it will heal in a day or two" She replied."And you will have to stay here for a week or more, to heal well"She added. "A week? I think I can manage if I got out tomorrow Madame, I'm used to this by now" I replied slightly frowning. "We can talk about that later, but for now stay in bed" She stated, walking away.