Chapter 30: She's the youngest witch to produce a Patronus and the fastest

Harry Pov

It had been a few weeks since Professor Lupin and Y/n had started to teach me the patronus charm. Y/n had been a great help, she knew exactly what to do, but never did the patronus charm herself.

Professor Lupin's patronus was a wolf and I still didn't know mine yet. "How long does it take to conjure a full patronus Professor?" I asked before leaving for the night after my anti-dementor class.

"The patronus charm is one of the most powerful yet hardest spells there are, most wizards struggle with it even after years of practice, but for the rate of your learning I would say a few months" He replied. "How long did it take you Y/n" I asked turning to Y/n.

She glanced at the Professor. "It took me 3 days" she replied smiling. "It took you 3 days?!" I exclaimed my eyes wide open. "She's the youngest witch to produce a Patronus and the fastest" Professor Lupin beaming with pride.

"That's amazing Y/n, how old where you?" I asked still surprised. "Not meaning to brag, but I did when I was 10, with Uncle Remus's wand" she replied proudly. "at 10 years old! With someone else's wand! That awesome!" I said making her smile wider.

"But weren't you underage?" I asked. "The only thing they could do was expel me Harry, and I didn't go to school then so I was let off" she replied. "That makes sense-""It's getting late, you both should head to bed, otherwise the prefects will report you out past curfew, I can hear them outside" Professor Lupin interrupted pointing to the door.

"We have our ways of sneaking back in Uncle Remy" Y/n said to the professor. I nodded in agreement taking the cloak out of my bag. "Oh yes I forgot about the cloak, but you still should be leaving" the professor replied motioning us out the door.

"I'll drop you off at the Slytherin tower" I said to Y/n under the cloak in the hallway. "You don't need to sneak me Harry, I'll go myself" she replied getting out from under the cloak. "What are you doing Y/n" I hissed. "Y/n Black, what are you doing out so late?!" One of the prefects said before I could get another word in. Great now she was caught.

"Hello there, you must be Penelope Clear water" Y/n replied calmly walking towards the prefect. "You didn't answer my question Black, what is a little kid like you doing out at this time of night, only prefects like myself are allowed past curfew, oh forgive me I forgot you're a Slytherin " the prefect replied giggling.

"Number 1 Penelope; don't ever call me a little kid again" Y/n said glaring. "Number 2, don't act like you're a high and mighty person, because I know your not" she continued walking closer to the prefect.

"Number 3, I know what I did was wrong but that little comment about me being a Slytherin wasn't nice" she added. "Number 4, I know about you and Percy, but I won't be telling anyone because I know how to respect someone by keeping their secrets, a great Slytherin trait just so you know, and number 5 best show me some respect if you want some back" she said walking away.

The prefect looked pretty bummed and walked away as well. I followed Y/n down the hallway and removed the cloak from over me. "That was brilliant Y/n, you were frightening , I thought you were gonna scream at her!" I said whisper-screaming.

"It wasn't nice of her at all to say I was out late because I was a Slytherin, so I had to go beast mode on her" she replied smiling. "Remind me to never make you angry" I said laughing. "I won't do the same to you, unless you piss me off" she replied punching my arm playfully.