Chapter 28: Christmas

Harry Pov:

I was in the great hall, with nothing to do. Ron and Hermione had gone home for Christmas break and Y/n was with Professor Lupin. "Hey Harry" I heard Y/n saying as she walked into the hall. "Why do you look so glum, cheer up it's Christmas eve" She said sitting down next to me. "I was bored out of my mind, with nothing to do and no one to talk to" I replied sighing.

"Well I'm here now, do you want to come with me to the West tower, I've got to send something" She said. "Yea sure" I replied smiling. We walked to the west tower and Y/n attached a letter to her owl, Snow, a snowy owl like Hedwig. She said something to Snow and sent her off.

"What did you say to her?" I asked. "The letter is to one of my muggle friends, so I just told Snow to drop to letter in a post office" She replied. "Shall we head back to the great hall? It's getting cold out here" She added shivering a little. "Of course" I said ascending the stairs.

Y/n Pov:

It was Christmas morning! I never knew why, but I always found Christmas very special to me. Back at the wool's orphanage Christmas was the one day I had actual fun. Most of my days there were dull, and always ended with me punching one of the boys after they made fun of the girls.

Draco Pov:

It was Christmas, and I was in Hogwarts, instead of back home, or on some trip somewhere. I sat in the common room, frowning and staring at the fireplace.I heard Y/n yelling "It's Christmas!" from the top of the stairs. I smiled to myself. Something about Y/n always made me cheer up, even from the gloomiest of moods.

She came running down with a big smile on her face. "Merry Christmas Draco!" She said walking up to me. "Merry Christmas Y/n" I replied smiling."This is for you Draco, Open it!" She said handing me a gift wrapped in green paper. I opened it and there was a painting inside.

"I know it isn't an expensive gift like you're used to, but I did paint it myself" She added smiling. "I love it Y/n, it's amazing, It looks a lot like me, Thank you" I replied admiring the painting of me.

Y/n Pov:

Draco seemed happy with is gift, which made me happy. "Did you see under the tree yet Y/n" Draco said pointing to the Christmas tree. I shook my head no. I walked towards the tree and looked under it.

I picked up a few gifts but none of them had my name on it. "I don't think there's anything for me" I said slightly frowning. "I don't really mind, Christmas isn't only about presents" I added.

"Look closely Y/n, you may find something" Draco said urging me to look again. I looked closely and a gift wrapped in Black with my name on it. I opened it to find a bracelet, with emeralds. There was a note that said 'from Draco'

"Thank you Draco, it's gorgeous" I said putting on the bracelet.