forty: illuminated

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement."

Kennedy bit back a smile. Sheriff Stilinski snorted in laughter, trying to cover it up with a fake cough. "Stiles. Just answer the man." He said in a fake serious tone.

"We made a good guess."

Rafael looks at the two teens next to Kennedy. "What were the two of you doing?" Agent asks Scott and Kira, who struggle to answer the question before finally saying Sushi and Pizza. He looked at them, before turning to Noah Stilinski who sat at his desk. "You believe this?"

Sheriff sighs, "To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak." Kennedy looks at Stiles, who nods in agreement. "But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" All the people turn to look at Kira. The Yukimura looked at Scott, and then back to the FBI agent.

"Yes." Kira answers. "Could I get my phone back now?"

Agent McCall sighs. "Sorry, but no."

Everyone began liking out of the sheriffs office, and Stiles and Kennedy walked towards the door. "Well, that was fun," Kennedy said sarcastically.

Lydia walked behind them. "Fun? I literally thought you died when Stiles carried you out of there." She remarked, looking at her friend with a glare.

"Hey, I needed that! Gave me a bit of a wake up call." Kennedy joked, linking hands with Stiles

"And the vision ended up being Barrows body that fell, not mine!" Stiles adds, beaming with sarcastic joy. "Looks like another win in the book of Stiles."

With that, Stiles drove both Lydia, then Kennedy to their homes. Kissing her boyfriend goodbye, Kennedy walked into her dads apartment, pausing when she saw Peter in the kitchen. "Dad! Youre back from your trip!" She beamed, walking over.

Peter glanced up, smiling at his daughter. "I am!" He fake cheered. After the last few days of being abducted, losing his finger, and more, he didn't want to stress his child out with the information. So instead, he hugged her tightly. "How was Lydia's?"

"Oh, it was fine," Kennedy replied, sitting on the island counter top. "However, you missed the serial killer in school. He tried to kill my friend but he kinda got killed instead."

Peter hummed, "Good! I'm glad he got what he deserved." He handed Kennedy a soda, which she happily took. "And I assume that's why town is out of power?"

Kennedy nods, "Except us, apparently?" She asked, looking around in confusion. The apartment seemed to look completely normal, lights on and everything.

"Solar panels and generators, Kennedy. We got light as long as the sun gives us some." Peter retorts. Kennedy slowly nods in fake understanding. "You have school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll be fun." Kennedy told him. She hopped off the counter. "Im gonna go to bed. I'll see you in the morning?"

Peter kissed his daughters head, "I'll make us some bacon, alright?" Kennedy smiles excitedly, nodding before rushing up the stairs. "And dont forget, Derek is going to be out of town tomorrow night!"