Chapter Twelve

TW: suicidal thoughts, self harm

Tommy laid in his bed, restless. He sat up to check his clock. 02:36. He laid back down, staring up at the ceiling above him. He heard a squeak from across the hall and then the twisting of his doorknob being opened. "Tommy?" Tubbo walked in the room and walked around the piles of things that were lying around. "Tommy, are you awake?" Tubbo whispered. Tubbo shook Tommy's shoulder, lightly. "I'm awake, Tubbo." Tommy said. "Oh, sorry. I wanted to ask you something." Tubbo said, "Can you follow me? I want to show you something." Tubbo was smiling slightly at him. Tommy wanted to stay in bed but he wanted Tubbo to have some memories with him before it was over.  "Sure, I guess." Tommy replied. Tubbo jumped up and grabbed Tommy's arm. "Where are we going?" Tommy asked. "It's a surprise." Tubbo laughed.

Tubbo led Tommy into his room. He walked over to the window and opened it. "Oh, are you able to climb this with your wrist?" Tubbo asked, sadly. "Yeah, I am. It's healed. I just use it to stay in bed all day." Tommy replied. Tommy climbed into the tree with Tubbo. He followed Tubbo to a rope at the edge of the tree. "Watch this, Yell- I mean Tommy." Tubbo stuttered. Tubbo took the rope and swung down to the ground. Tommy smiled a little. Tubbo almost called him Yellow. "Tommy! It's your turn!" Tubbo yelled. The rope was swung back to the tree. Tommy grabbed it and swung down. Tubbo was smiling as Tommy reached the ground. Tommy let go of the rope and jumped to the ground. "I thought breaks took longer than two weeks to heal. How did yours heal so fast?" Tubbo asked. Tommy didn't know to lie or to be truthful. "Oh um, well Techno had these potions he was working on so I tried them and it worked." Tommy told the truth. Tubbo was his brother. He couldn't lie to him now. Well he could. It wouldn't matter if he was going to be gone in a few days. 

"Tommy! This way!" Tubbo yelled. Tubbo ran into the forest with Tommy close behind him. They were running through bushes and shrubs. The branches stopped hitting them and the lush leaves were no longer brushing their arms. They reached a plain with a cliff. The cliff gave such a great view of the forest down below. Tubbo rolled up his sleeve to take out the leaves that got stuck in it. Tommy noticed the scabs and scars all over his arm. "He's still hurting himself." Tommy thought. He eyed Tubbo's arm as he walked over to the cliff. He took his eyes off and stared at the woods below him. It was stunning. There were birds flying, trees of all different heights, and a waterfall leading down to a stream. "A great place to jump." Tommy thought again. "Hey Tommy." Tubbo said. "Maybe you should back away from the cliff?" He laughed off his statement and Tommy took a few steps back.

"So do you remember this place at all?" Tubbo questioned. "I don't believe so." Tommy replied. Tubbo hesitated for a second and took a deep breath. "It's where we met Phil and Wilbur. It was probably one of the best moments in my life, but it isn't number one." Tubbo smiled. "Well, what's number one then?" Tommy asked, looking at the cliff again. "Well, it had to be meeting you." Tubbo said, seeing Tommy's gaze go back to the cliff. Tommy stared at the cliff in grief. "God this is going to be hard to do now." Tommy cried to himself. Tubbo grabbed Tommy's arm again and said, "C'mon Tommy. I have one more place." Tubbo said. He dragged him through the same bushes and plants until they reached the spot. It was their campsite. "You have to remember this." Tubbo sighed. "Oh, yeah. Of course I do. It was our old campsite." Tommy replied. Tubbo nodded and sat by his tent. "I have so many memories here. Even if we were only here for one day. I still remember the ukulele playing, the cooking, you dumping me in the pond, me scaring you at night, and so much more. I kind of what it all back." Tubbo said with a slight smile. "It was a great place. I was at my highest here. I miss it." Tommy said. "But you want to end it all in a few days." Tubbo replied quickly. "What I- what do you mean?" Tommy asked, shocked. He didn't know how Tubbo knew. "I was here when you were playing your violin. It was so beautiful. I heard everything. Please. I can't live without you, Yell-Tommy. I know I acted like such a prick to you when Techno left and I'm sorry. Please don't leave me." Tubbo cried.

Tubbo fell into Tommy's shoulder, crying. Tommy had no words. He didn't know that he knew. He saw how much this hurt Tubbo. "Please, don't leave me." Tubbo continued to cry. Tommy still couldn't speak. He sat there for about twenty minutes, letting Tubbo cry. He didn't feel anything. He finally noticed how much his pain hurt Tubbo. Tubbo stopped crying and looked up at Tommy. "Tommy?" Tubbo's voice was breaking from the amount of crying he was doing. "Can I ask you something?" Tommy nodded.

"Do you promise to stay with me no matter what?" 

"I promise, Tubbo. Do you promise to stay with me no matter what?

"Of course, Tommy. Always."

"I love you, Tommy."

"I love you too, Tubbo."

934 words

a/n: holy shit im crying over this and this isnt even the real angsty chapter. but thank you guys for 128 reads! stay safe and eat if you haven't already. have a good day or night wherever you are!