Chapter Nine

TW: none

After having dinner and playing board games together, they all were extremely tired. "Alright guys. We should all head to bed now." Phil yawned. They all nodded and headed upstairs except for Techno who stayed there with Phil. Tommy looked back at the pink haired teen, curious and concerned. He stood there for a while and then eventually went upstairs. He walked up the staircase and saw bits of fabric there. "I forgot to clean up the scraps of my shirt, damn it." Tommy thought. He picked it up and went upstairs.

As Tommy entered his room, he saw a violin sitting on his bed. He knew how to play it but he didn't know who knew he could play it. He took it out of its case and tuned it just right. The violin was a beautiful light brown colour with a rosewood body. He picked up the bow, wanting to play a song but he didn't know what to play. After a few minutes, he heard Wilbur's faint guitar. He knew the song. He knew the notes. He knew what he wanted. To play with Wilbur. He matched Wilbur's singing and the notes. He played with him for a while until Wilbur stopped. He kept playing. He didn't notice his brother stopped. He was too caught up in playing the song he completely forgot he was trying to play with Wilbur.

Wilbur walked into his room. Today was tiring. He was sick of talking with everyone. It was too much stuff that he couldn't handle. He felt embarrassed every time he talked. He felt too embarrassed to get up to throw something away in front of his family. He didn't want to play monopoly but he didn't want the attention. He hated it when someone said it was his turn because everyone stared at him. He was glad it was time for bed. He could finally be alone with his guitar. He felt his anxiety fade away. He kept playing until he heard a faint violin. It was playing his song. He knew Tubbo only played the piano, same with Techno. It had to be Tommy playing then. He just listened to Tommy play the violin. It was so beautiful and calming. He felt so relaxed. He laid on his bed, feeling his thoughts fade away from him as he closed his eyes. He then fell asleep to the faint violin playing. 

Phil started cleaning up the game as the boys went upstairs for bed. He looked behind him to see Techno still there. "Oh Techno. You're still down here. Why didn't you go upstairs?" Phil laughed. Techno didn't respond. "Techno? You there mate?" Phil asked, concerned. No response. "Hey. Talk to me. What's wrong?" Phil asked again. He saw a tear drop from Techno's face. "Techno, are you crying?" Phil continued. "What do you think." Techno replied, looking up at Phil. He saw tears forming in his eyes. He went to comfort the teen but was pushed away. "What's wrong bud?" Phil asked. Techno just stared at him. "Remember uh them." He said. Phil's eyes widened and his face turned pale. "Yes, what happened? What did they do to you?" Phil asked, quickly. "They figured out we have two new kids. They want Tommy only and if they don't get him, they take me instead." Phil's eyes turned from ice to fire. "They're going to do what." He said with anger. "They can't do that plus, we can fight them." Techno looked up with a soft expression. "That's where you are wrong. They know where she is." Phil fell back into a chair. "They do? I- I thought she would be safe there and that no one could find her." Phil said, shocked. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "So Phil, I have to leave. Today." Techno said. "No Techno. You can't leave. We can fight them. We can protect her. We can-" Techno cut him off. "Phil. It's okay. I don't want Tommy to deal with them again. He just got away from them that he doesn't deserve to be put back in that situation." Phil looked at him confused. "What do you mean by that?" "When I first saw him, he was only seven. They captured him. He was so young and innocent. He didn't know what was happening."

"Where am I?" A young boy said. "You're home, Tom." A figure said. The blonde boy looked up at the figure. "But, this isn't home. My home is-" He had forgotten. He forgot everything that had happened before. The figure shoved him into a corner and chained him to the wall. "Now. This is your new home. Get used to it." He growled. Tommy started to form tears in his eyes. A pink haired teen looked over at the little boy chained to the wall. "Hey." He said. Tommy looked up and saw another person looking at him. "I'm Techno. Who are you?" Tommy wiped the tears from his eyes. "Oh um, I'm Tommy." He said quickly. Techno nodded at him. "Why am I here? Why can't I see my mother? She's at home waiting for me. I want to see her and my pet moth again." Tommy cried. Techno let the young boy cry on his shoulder. He looked only to be about seven and he was already about to be traumatized. "Techno. Tom." Another figure came downstairs. He looked nicer than the others. "Uh, it's time for lunch. Tom, you should try to stop crying. They'll hurt you if they see that." Tommy quickly wiped the tears from his eyes as they slowly walked to the lunch room.

"So. That's how you know him." Phil confirmed. Techno nodded. "He was only seven? I can't believe it." "Now you see why I can't let him go and I'm going instead Phil?" Techno said. Phil nodded. "Well before you go, can I at least get a hug?" Techno walked towards Phil and hugged him. They both were crying. "I'm going to miss you mate." Phil cried. "Me too Phil." Techno replied. They broke away. "You were always a good dad, Phil. And I know you'll be even better to the others." Techno said.

Phil kept those words close to him but he never felt like he was better than he felt he could be when he left.

1072 Words

a/n: thank you guys so much for 90 reads! i have had so much fun writing this fanfic but it is getting really close to the end. And as always please let me know if i have missed any trigger warnings! Stay safe and hydrated! Have a good night or day!