Chapter 28

(Mapleton High A-side)

Annie: ~Its been 1 week and 3 days since I was let out of the hospital. Mary had to keep watch of me since both my parents didn't want me sneaking out, I did call Johnny alot so that was easy. Today was my first day back at school, Jayden and I started to talk again forgiving each other, Asher and I also talked but more about the ball and a way to hide the fact that I wasn't going to be there that night.~ Actually..

Jayden: You want all of us not to go.

Annie: *smiles* Jayden if we all go to the drive in opening instead of the ball my parents won't care about where I am.

Jayden: Fine.. I'll see what I can do..

Annie: Thank you *hugs her* ~I did end up telling Jayden the truth~ I have to go.. Now I'll see you after school maybe..

Jayden: Going to see lover boy? *smirks raising an eyebrow*

Annie: Yeah *waves* ~I walked out of the school and to bush pulling out the motorcycle Johnny had dropped off for me *smile. Putting on the helmet* I was meeting Johnny but not for any real alone time~

(Lakeview Cemetery- Lakeview)

Annie: Hello Mr. and Mrs. Granger, and Thomas. *smiles places a vase of flowers and the picture down. She made Johnny wait in the parking lot* I'm sorry for not being fast enough.. I'm sorry if my father had anything to do with this, If he made a red spade do it please forgive the spades... I mean it would be hard to but.. They probably had no other choice *wipes away the tears* Thank you for protecting us..

Annie: *she went back to the parking lot* So do you know what happened? ~I had never properly asked him about the fire but I wanted to know~

Johnny: *glances at her* Yeah... So... Uhhh.. *looks at his feet* When Sheriff Granger left city hall a few of the spades had already set his house on fire. Annie *locks his eyes with hers* Your dad wanted Sheriff Granger dead.

Annie: Thats why you guys shot him..

Johnny: What? Shot him?

Annie: He was shot John.. *confused* A spade didn't shoot him?

Johnny: No *stands up straight* Your dad wanted him dead but we were just gonna drive him out of town.

Annie: ~Did my father really pull the trigger? Why?..~ Johnny I need you to tell me everything about my parents.

Johnny: I guess now I should tell you..

Annie: ~My parents were cheats at the king and queens but they were both also part of the red spades. They were actually the main distributors, thats why they are always gone~ Wow..

Johnny: Yeah..

Annie: ~I was trying to wrap my mind around how stupid I was and how my own parents could do this~ John your dad.. Sorry but how did he die??

Johnny: In a car accident. *Annie nods* Umm lets go.. You have to get to your next class or your parents will find out that you were late and start asking questions.

Annie: No I need to do something.. *gets on her bike*

(Dave's photo development- Lakeview)

Johnny: Annie if we don't get back now your parents will start to lock you up again.

Annie: No they won't... *opens the door* ~I heard that Dave's son did private developments for a little bit of under the table cash~

Dave: How can I help you two youngins? *smiles pushing his glasses up*

Annie: Uh is Marty working today?

Dave: Oh yeah. Marty customers! *smiles and waves over his son*