The Richest Taste

--ㅡ- - - ㅡ-- ㅡㅡ - ㅡㅡㅡ --ㅡ- ㅡ- ㅡㅡㅡ ㅡ -ㅡㅡㅡ --ㅡ --- ㅡ --ㅡ- ㅡㅡㅡ ㅡㅡㅡ ㅡ--
Yunhee rang the door bell thrice. It was the instruction in the message she received the night prior. But no one answered. The time was correct as well as the apartment number beside the wall.

"Excuse me," a voice called out from behind her. "Do you need anything?"

She turned to find a man in black shirt and jeans, carrying two bags full of groceries in hand.

"Hello," she bowed. "I'm looking for Choi Seungcheol-nim. He saidㅡ"

"Ah, for real, that kid," the man mumbled. "I told him to wake up on time. Here, hold this for a sec."

He handed her one of the bags and walked up to the door. She then quickly averted her head away when the man pulled up the door lock to enter the passcode. After the beep, he swung the door open and held it for her to enter.

"The kitchen's over there," the male motioned toward a direction further in the wide living area, handing her the other bag. "Just put these in there and I'll wake Cheol-ie for you."

Stunned and bewildered, Yunhee awkwardly walked to the general direction of where the man pointed. She did eventually find the open area of a well-kept kitchen. It was so clean, she can't see any sign of anyone using it aside from the assortment of dishes littered in the sink.

She had pulled on her apron and taking the groceries out on the counter when another man came on sight.

He had a grey-blue checkered pajamas on, his black curly hair was a mess, and his eyes were shut closed. He walked straight to the fridge, pulled out a half empty bottle of soda and finished it. He then moved back as if his body was being controlled by someone else.

"Sorry about that," the same man she met outside stopped by the other side of the center isle. "He's not a morning person. So, you're the cook that he hired?"

"Um, he didn't hire me yet. He said he wanted to know first if he'd like my food."

"I see." The male nodded as he listened. "I'm his guardian... sort of. Ah, and my name's Park Sunwoo."

She bowed back, introducing herself, "I'm Seon Yunhee. It's nice to meet you, Park Sunwoo-nim."

"Same here," he replied. "I guess, I'll just leave you be so you can do your work. If you need anything or can't find something, just ask me. I'll be in the living room."

"Yes, thank you."

He was about to leave but turned back, saying, "Oh, and if it's possible, please make sure you'll cook for three people. Just to be on the safe side, okay?"

"Alright."

Yunhee labored in the kitchen for three hours. She prepped and stored all the things from the bags that Sunwoo gave her, as well as washed and cleaned all the utensils she used.

"Seungcheol-nim said he wanted to eat Korean cuisine," Yunhee said, placing a bowl of mixed grain rice in front of the two men. "So, I made these. Please enjoy."

"Wow," Sunwoo exclaimed, scanning the abundance of food on the table. "You cooked all these?"

"Yes. Aside from the kimchi," she answered. "I found them in the fridge."

As they were exchanging some conversation, the other male ㅡ Seungcheol, she assumed ㅡ already began eating. He picked a large piece from the galbijjim and bit into it silently. He was still in trance while eating, staring at nothing as he chew.

"Sit and eat with us, Yunhee-ssi. I'm sure you're tired for standing up too long." Sunwoo offered, pointing at the nearest chair from him. "Yah, Cheol-ie, you didn't even thank the food."