Choosing Consequences

- ---ㅡ - -ㅡ- ㅡ-ㅡㅡ ㅡ ---- -- ㅡ- ㅡㅡ- -- --- --- ㅡㅡㅡ ㅡ-ㅡ- ---- -ㅡ ㅡㅡㅡ ㅡ -- ㅡ-ㅡ-
The phone rang twice. He ignored the first one. And then he rejected the second.

In his mind, there was no use to answer her calls. He's tired. He's tired of always understanding. Of keeping it together. Of the scandals that kept popping up. Of wearing his professional mask. He's tired of basically everything relating to her.

"Aren't you going to pick up those calls, PD-nim? It might be important," one of the writers asked as they gather their materials for their presentation.

But Yoongi did not answer the younger female and just continued walking with his laptop and papers clasped between his hands. They moved from their cluttered cubicles to the meeting room where the other staff were waiting for them. After all, this upcoming come back had been highly anticipated by practically both the company and the fans.

"This is the concept and the overall outline we came up." He finished presenting to their Management Heads.

"Alright. Then, just make sure to coordinate with Accounting and finalize all your costs for the budget." The CEO commented before ending their meeting but holding Yoongi back in the room after.

"What is it, daepyonim?" he asked, sitting back on his chair.

"Are you sure about that decision, Yoongi-ah?" the CEO eyed him.

"I am. That's why I told you about it personally." Yoongi sighed, leaning further back into the chair. "And no, you can't change my mind, Junghoon-ie. You, of all people, should understand why I'm going to do it."

Kim Junghoon shook his head in defeat. He knew how head-strong his friend was and if he said it was final, then, it's final. No ifs, no buts.

"I hope you're ready with the consequences that comes after it."

Yoongi only snorted and shrugged at the other male. "Shouldn't you be telling that to yourself? Walls have ears and doors have eyes."

They parted ways outside the meeting room and Yoongi focused back on his pending project. There really was nothing more to talk about the topic. All his 'boss' had to do was to accept it because he'd do it reagrdless.

When hs phone vibrated again, the same name flashed on the sceen. He took a deep breath, almost a heavy sigh, before answering it.

"Wow! You finally picked up." Her tone was laced with the mixture of disbelief and mocking. "After you ignored me for so long."

"If you have nothing more to say, I'm hanging up."

"Don't! Iㅡ I'm sorry... Min PD-nim." She quickly settled to her usual softer tone. "I know I screw up big time and I want to make it up to you and unnieㅡ"

"Listen, here, Somin-ssi." Yoongi interupted her, using his field-trained working voice. "Just make sure to strictly follow the company rules or there might be no more next time. And that goes not only for you but to your manager and all the other people working in your team too. Please remember that."

"I know... but still, I want to do something for you and unnie." He could almost see her pouting on the other line and it was not affecting him at all. "Let me do it. Please..."

"Yah. You're not listening again. I just told you to not do anything you are not supposed to do." Yoongi said firmly. "You've caused her enough problems. And we can deal with our own relationship ourselves."

"Hmph! And here I was, thinking of offering you to a members-only reservation dinner or something! But you are nothing but being a total jerk to me too! You should be called Mean Yoongi instead!" Somin then hung up.