Field Full of Flowers

(A/N: This chapter contains some depiction of a mental illness. And like before, I didn't expect the turn of events this story took to be honest. Hence, reader discretion is advised.)

-- -ㅡ ㅡㅡ ㅡㅡ- -ㅡ-- -ㅡ ㅡ-- -- ㅡ-ㅡ ㅡ- - -ㅡㅡ ㅡ-ㅡㅡ ㅡㅡㅡ --ㅡ
"I said don't come near her," a male clad in all white garb boldly shielded the oblivious woman standing in the train platform behind him. He had his limbs spread wide and his stance indicated that he's ready to tackle his opponent if called for.

"Get out of my way. I need to do my job." Another male clad in a pristine all black suit said, almost growling at the other being. His face was hidden behind a white and gold full face mask but the tone of his voice alone was enough to show what he felt about this scene.

"I told you already, you got the wrong person! Stop targeting my human, you incompetent reaper!" He made himself looked larger by opening his lavender wings.

"Stop being stupid, angel! You are just hindering me." He tried to walk past the other but before he was able to, a crowd of people poured out of the train that stopped in the station.

When the woman walked in the train, the angel quickly jumped in too while keeping the grim reaper out. He kept his eyes on the movement of the masked being as the train began moving. His heart only settled after they had long left the station and the woman was sitting comfortably in one of the seats.

For the next three days, the angel kept his guard up especially when his human was going out. In every given moment she steps out, the grim reaper was always there, waiting.

"Why do you keep following us? Don't you have other souls to fetch? Shoo! Bother someone else's human!" The angel snarled at him before concernedly looking back at the woman, guiding her carefully through the side walk.

She had been feeling sick the past few days and finally, after much coaxing, she listened to him and decided to visit the doctor.

"No," the angel held the grim reaper back, putting a hand on his chest and pushing him back a little. "You are not going in there. You and I are staying out here. I can't have you influencing any tests she has to take."

"I have no such powers." The grim reaper answered honestly.

"I don't care. You are not going anywhere near her." He crossed his arms and stepped in front of the clinic door, blocking the only way in and out of the room.

"You're one weird angel," the grim reaper muttered after a second of silence. "Why are you so attached to this one person you will hardly remember after she dies?"

The angel was silent for a moment, contemplating if he should answer the other being. Looking at the masked grim reaper, he wondered what kind of face he was making when his tone imply nothing but curiosity.

Sighing, he answered, "That's exactly why... My memories of her will eventually fade and I will be left with nothing. But at least in this moment, I know I did my best protecting her and keeping her fromㅡ"

The clinic door opened and the two looked at the solemn expression the woman wore. She thanked the doctor and headed to the next place, following a nurse. All the time, the angel walked between her and the grim reaper who kept a few paces behind them.

"It looks like her fate changed," the grim reaper said when he approached the angel, looking up from his log book.

"Of course! I told you long ago you got the wrong person. Now, leave us alone." The angel smirked proudly, puffing his chest out.

"I will... but just for now." The grim reaper turned around and disappeared.

However, the woman seemed to get worse everyday afterwards. She was always tired but cannot sleep properly and sore in odd places, sometimes even puking her only meal out. The angel watched helplessly as his person dealt with her illness alone.