Delivery of Confessions

-ㅡㅡ - -ㅡㅡ - -ㅡ- - ㅡ--- ㅡㅡㅡ -ㅡ- ㅡ- --ㅡ- ㅡㅡㅡ -ㅡ- - -ㅡ ㅡ-ㅡ- ---- ㅡㅡㅡ ㅡ ---- - -ㅡ-

Four times a week, a mini white drone with a sticky note on it comes in the restaurant through one of the open windows.

Four times a week, she had to deliver the food it orders to the next block apartment building.

And four times a week, she exchanges a quick greeting, a few words, and a bow of gratitude with the owner of the flying device that visited their shop.

But it had already been three days and there was still no sign of the adorable little thing buzzing and hovering by the window, waiting to be let in.

"Should we check on him?" a middle aged woman by the counter asked no one in particular.

"Don't even think of going there," Gyunghui answered as she cleaned the empty tables after the lunch rush died down.

"But his thing comes to you almost every other day. And now, nothing."

She made a face with what her mother said. "Ew, you made it sound we're doing something weird."

"Well, it's your fault for thinking dirty things. And what do I know? It takes you forever whenever you go to his place. I could only make assumptions."

Gyunghui's expression slowly soured as she continued to listen to the woman who birthed her. "Mother! Stop!"

The woman only snickered at her daughter while organizing things in the check-out counter. Behind her, a man clad in oil-stained apron and heat resistant gloves stepped out of the kitchen.

"Ya. Don't shout at your mother," he said with his mellow low voice full of authority. "Stop arguing and let's eat while we don't have any guests."

"I'll get the plates."

Their small mom-and-pop chicken and snack bar was quite a local destination. They have been managing the place for nearly three generations now, starting from her mother's parents, and now, her parents took over so her grandparents could retire.

And although Gyunghui was the only child, her parents were already set of letting her do things on her own. Not once did they even mention of having her take over. She knew they wanted more for her.

"Hui-ya! Look! Look!" her mother gasped from the counter, pointing at the window, earning some surprised and curious gazes from their patrons. "Mini's back!"

Shaking her head, Gyunghui sighed and reached for the window lock, sliding the glass to let the small flying device in. It hovered in front of her for a second before zipping towards the counter to land.

Her mother happily greeted the thing, staring into its camera lens as if its a person. While Gyunghui snatched the sticky note stuck on top of it.

He ordered his usual set of half-and-half chicken, cheese balls, small tteokbokki, and soda.

"Here," her mother handed her the plastic bag of food. "And ask him what happened last week."

"No way. That's invasion of privacy," Gyunghui responded after taking the bag to deliver.

"It's called customer service, child."

"Whatever. I'm not gonna ask him that." She turned and closed the door after the drone flew out.

They're back to routine again. It came and ordered. They prepared the food and she delivered it afterwards.

Even without the drone guiding her, she had already memorized the way to his apartment. She can do it even with her eyes close.