Bet, Win, Us

-- -ㅡ ㅡㅡ --- ㅡ -- -ㅡ-- -ㅡ-- ㅡㅡ - ㅡ--- - ---- -- ㅡ- ㅡ-- ㅡ ---- - ㅡㅡ -ㅡ --- ㅡ-ㅡ ---
It started with an excruciating six hour Dungeons and Dragons online gameplay and one bet.

Last player alive in a one-shot battle royale, wins.

Everyone was at level one with limited skills and no experience.

All of them were confused and awkward in the map.

In short, except for the Dungeon Master, they were all freaking noobs. None of the participants had played the gameㅡever.

So it was just sheer luck, wit, and a lot of determination that got Kang Dongeui through all the meltdowns on confusing rules, screaming for doing a lot of simple math, players cursing at each other, and rage quitting during the game. Half the time, she had no clue what happened and just listened to their Dungeon Master's instructions before rolling her dice.

The prize was a year-round all-expense paid of any of the services being offered in the PC Room. And since the place was open 24/7, unlimited use of their computer facilities plus food and bevergae orders would be possibleㅡunless the winner don't care about hygiene nor sleep.

"Congrats, Dongeui-yah, I didn't know you can play like this," said the male behind the counter who manages the PC Room. "You should do this more often. Your character is so funny and so unpredictable."

However, Dongeui only looked at him with sunken eyes and a frown before slamming a hand on the counter between them. "All I wanted was to play Mario Cart to de-stress. I fucking hate you right now so don't talk to me."

She then dragged herself towards the door, leaving the stunned employee puzzled behind her.

"Wow! Really? You're so lucky, noona!" exclaimed her brother the moment she told him what happened the week before and why she want him to tag along to go back to the PC Room.

"Lucky, my ass. I fought for that goddamned prize for six freaking hours straight," Dongeui answered. "I thought working a desk job was horrible. That changed it. I am not gonna play that game ever again."

"What are we playing then? Call of Duty?" the younger male inquired.

"No. We're gonna inquire if it's transferrable."

His eyes sparkled and gleamed as he stared at his older sister, saying, "Aw, thank you so much, noona! I'll make sure to use it the best I can."

But Dongeui only knitted her brows at him. "I'm not giving it to you, Donghyun-ah. You'll just end up living there if I do that."

"What!? Then why doㅡ"

He was cut off when a tall male in black leather jacket suddenly walked past between them in a hurry, almost knocking him off his feet.

The male did mutter a quick apology before moving on and leaving them. Donghyun was ready to throw a fist but his sister stopped him. There was no point in starting a fight with someone who was already too far to even hear or see them.

"Anyway, I'm gonna auction it off to people like you." She smirked with a determined expression as they proceed to the elevator going up to the PC Room. "How much do you think I should price it?"

"Ah, Seobbie did mention about that. Hold on please," the female on duty said before disappearing behind the counter.

"I'm gonna play DOTA while we wait." Donghyun inserted beside Dongeui, turning to the other lady. "Which seat is available?"

The female reappeared from the counter and pointed to their right. "You can use number twenty-six. It's that way."

Donghyun bolted out and hurried to the seat, leaving his sister standing by the counter.