She was right, Evalina had told me the same thing, and I too overlooked the obvious.

Beverly shook her head.

"Gianna has always been quite manipulative, she even tried to get her father and I together by manipulating us into thinking the we had expressed feelings for the other, of course we both knew that ship had sailed a long time ago. I have however been seeing someone since I began working at the hospital...i suspect the girls know, although I'm sure Gianna will have something to say about it."

We all looked over at Gianna who stood off to the side, arms crossed, and pouting like hurt child.

. . . ONE WEEK LATER . . .

Alpha Addams had been kind enough to extend his home to us, so none of us left, especially Gianna.

I roamed the forests nearby day and night. I'd go back home and search for her there and even checked at my uncle pack, but nothing ever came up.

I kept a close eye on Gianna when I could, I had to keep my eye on her personally or she'd likely do something further and possibly put Evalina in even more danger.

Gianna did however get her accomplice to come back, he willingly confessed to everything and gave us a little more information about the guys, information that Luca and I would use once Evalina was safely returned to me.

The day of the return finally came.

The entire mansion was abuzz with heavy tension and nerves, I couldn't keep still in anticipation of my mates arrival.

Every so often Luca and I would get a couple of Alpha Addams' guys and do checks of the property lines for any sign of her, Alpha Addams called people to look out for her around town, as well as my own father who had his men scouting our area in my absence.

Surprisingly he was livid when he found out the news, even more so when he found out that my mate is in fact Evalina, he demanded her safe return...but knowing my father, it's more for the alliance aspect that my mate's best friend can bring to the table, you see he didn't realize that at a thanksgiving he had the daughter of Alpha Garland Addams sitting at his table.

Either way I was glad for the help.

"Do you want to go and check again kid?"

I looked up at my uncle, his body flopped down onto a chair. He wore a tired expression and I wasn't the only one who noticed as suddenly Chanel walked over to us with two cups.

"You two could use some rest," she sounded with a sigh, "you'll be no good to anyone if you can't stay awake."

"We don't need any rest." Luca said as he took the cup from her. She gave him a pointed look and he smirked, "perhaps a nap wouldn't kill us."

The interaction between these two were so odd, one minute they're at each others throats and the next they can actually be somewhat civil.

"I think you're right" I agreed with Chanel, "we do need to rest, but how about one more patrol before we have a nap?"

She nodded in approval before leaving us.

I watched as my uncles eyes followed Chanel's retreating form.

"What's up?" I asked him.

He looked at me and shook his head, I could swear there was even a slight sadness to his normally nonchalant face.

"Just thinking...look kid, as soon as we get Lina back I'm gonna have to do something."

"Like what?" I asked him.

He put his coffee down and got into a more serious position. "I'm going to ask a favor of you, but I won't ask it if you're going to ask me questions, just know it's something that I wouldn't do unless I truly had to."

I was utterly confused but nodded.

"I'm going to need you to look after the pack for a while, not too long, just step in as acting Alpha...it'll be good practice for you, also, you'll be closer to Evalina."

Various questions began to build up in my head but I had nonverbally agreed not to question him. "Fine, but check in every so often."

He nodded, "ready to go?"

I stood up and the two of us, along side a group of Alpha Addams' men began making our way along the large property line.

We all went our separate ways and then shifted into our wolves to pick up on her scent much easier (the men were allowed entrance into her room to take in her scent for the searches).

As my paws padded along the lush grass I could feel my heart beating, and even in wolf form I couldn't help but worry about Evalina's well being.

"CESARE!"

My head snapped up at the familiar sound of Luca's voice yelling for me, without thought I ran over to him as quick as I could, I wasn't even ten feet away when I picked up on her scent.

There fast asleep under a tree was my sleeping little beauty, she seemed unharmed and I shifted back out of pure joy.