Chapter 55

We went down, and by that I mean Ethan carried me over his shoulder like a child and got a few stares from his family that soon turned into small smiles at our silly bickering.

"Put the girl down, you're gonna drop her with those twig arms of yours" Ethan's father said, setting a few plates on the table.

"Hey! I'm a strong man" Ethan replied, genuinely offended.

"Yeah sure just let her sit down I don't want her to be hurt because of you" his mother said, making me slightly blush.

"Do you see this? They like you more than they do me and I'm their own son. This should be on the list of top 10 betrayals of the year" Ethan scoffed, slowly putting me down.

I slightly blushed in embarrassment and sat on the table next to Ethan as his sister rushed to sit next to me.

"Are you trying to steal my girlfriend" Ethan asked, his head whipped toward his sister.

"Maybe" she replied, sipping her glass of water.

"You stand no chance, she's straight, she said so herself" he scoffed, his usual smirk on his face.

"Yeah, we'll see about that" she retorted, a matching smile on her face.

I chuckled at their funny exchange which made Ethan roll his eyes playfully.

"I hope you like lasagna cause that's what we have for dinner today" Ethan's mother said, smiling fondly at me.

"Of course I do! I'm sure anything you make is absolutely delicious" I replied, a smile on my face.

She cut each one of us pieces and Ethan and his sister kept fighting over who will give me my share of lasagna until I ended up with 5 pieces in my plate, Ethan winning for obvious reasons (his competitiveness).

In a few minutes, my plate was empty and I slowly got up to put in in the sink.

"Where's your food dear?" Ethan's mother asked, concern painted on her face.

"Oh I ate it" I replied, nervously chuckling mad scratching my neck.

"She eats really fast it's creepy" Ethan said, his mouth full of food.

I smacked the back of his head, making him choke on his food.

"What was that for?" he asked but stopped when he saw the small smile on my face.

"You said what?" I asked threateningly, daring him to repeat his words.

"Nothing" he quickly replied, abruptly turning around and eating the rest of his food.

"Thought so" I said, a frown on my face.

"Smile for the camera!" His father suddenly said, pointing a camera on our direction.

"Don't tell me you filmed that" Ethan asked in disbelief, slowly getting up.

"Of course, it's not every day that we get to see this" he replied, getting up too.

"Listen to me old man you delete that video right this second" Ethan yelled, chasing his father who took off running around the house.

I shook my head at their silly behavior, heading for the kitchen and washing my dishes despise Ethan's mother's protest.

We decided to watch a movie and a few hours later, I excused myself and headed home, internally dreading the meet up with Sean.

As soon as I took a few steps away from the house, I heard someone call my name and saw Ethan running towards me.

"Can I sleepover?" He asked nervously, it was honestly adorable to watch and just thinking that people at school were scared of him and would probably start shaking at the mention of his name made the situation funnier.

I stifled a laugh and nodded, earning a smile from him as he held my hand lovingly.

We walked him in silence, enjoying each other's company.

"Don't you think the last the days has been very peaceful and calm?" I asked, staring at the sky.

"Yeah, is that a bad thing?" He replied, looking at me.

"Not really, I just can't shake off the feeling that something bad is gonna happen, you know?" I said, a small smile on my face.

"I don't know, it's like the calm before the storm" I continued, shifting my attention to him.

"I'm not gonna tell you to ignore your gut feeling just don't obsess over it, keep your guard up but at the same time loosen up, does that make sense?" he said, a confused expression on his face as he asked the last part.

"When did you become so wise" I replied, squishing his cheeks playfully and smiling.

"Ever since I met you" he said, barely able to speak.

He kissed my forehead and pulled me closer, running to my house and quickly punching in the code.

"I have a question tho, how did the burglars come in when you have a code and a gate and all" Ethan asked as he pushed the door open.

"I think they broke the code pad cause it didn't work when I came back, we had to get a new more advanced one to avoid these kinds of encounters again" I replied, silently looking around for any signs of Sean.

I walked in and saw a small note on the table, I picked it and saw Sean's handwriting.

Jane, if you read this I'm glad you're back, I didn't know when you'd come home so I quickly packed up and left since I know I'm the last person you'd want to talk to.

I'm sorry for being an ass to you, I don't know how to process and deal with emotions so I end up taking it out on you and coming off as cold and inconsiderate, for that I apologize.
Your friends slowly became mine and it breaks my heart that I won't be able to say goodbye but I know that it will hurt me immensely if I did.

Even that rascal of an asshole of a boyfriend of yours grew on me, I care about all of them and most importantly, I love you.

You are the most amazing thing that ever happened to me, seeing you flourish from afar made me wish I was with you but even then, I was grateful I could at least see you. You'll never know how much I love you because if I were to put it into words, it would belittle the feeling I have and I don't want that.
For now, I will settle with these words.
I love you <3

PS: I drew a heart you have to forgive me cause I never draw hearts-

Please?
-Your brother, Sean (who else would it be it's stupid but yeah for the sake of finishing the letter)

Again, I love you.

I softly smiled and hugged the letter, a few tears slipped but they were happy tears, no matter what, I loved my brother and that will never change.
———————————————————————————
I'm sorry for not updating for like 6 days I honestly don't know what happened.
Anyway, what do you think of this chapter? Is it good? Bad? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Haven't you guys noticed that things are a little too happy here? I hope you didn't forget about Matthew.....
That's all im gonna say, brace yourselves, get some tissues, some snack cause it'll be one hell of a ride from here onward.
I did y'all some service when I gave you like 3 peaceful chapters cause that's all you get lol.
The ending is happy I literally said so in the intro but yeah you'll have to earn it-
No more spoiling my own book, I'll be gone.

-Alexandra Banger