Chapter 53

I opened the door and was met face to face with Ethan, an anxious expression on his face.

Somehow, I forgot how to breathe, move or think when our eyes met. It was like seeing him for the first time, it kind of was given the fact we haven't seen each other in almost a week.

"Hey..." he awkwardly said, snapping me out of my trance.

"Oh right come in" I rushed out, stepping out of the way so that he could walk in.

I headed us to my bedroom, away from Sean and Corey's preying eyes so that we could have some privacy.

"So, I know we haven't been talking as much before" he started off as soon as I closed the door.

"Uh huh no shit Sherlock" I replied sarcastically.

I wanted to see him, hug him, talk to him but I first needed to know why he ignored me that's why I wasn't going to cave in or show any emotion until he explained himself.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, knitting his eyebrows and showing just how tense he was.

"Let's not make this hard and awkward just tell me why you were acting the way you were and we'll work it out" I said, trying to ease the tension.

He stared at me for a few seconds before throwing himself on the bed, desperate to relax.

"I'm just gonna talk so hear me out, I'm not the kind of person who would tell others how I feel but I feel like my feelings are affecting you and our relationship so you have the right to know" he started off, trying hard to let the words out as this whole thing was very hard and uncomfortable for him.

"Lately, I've been feeling like...like-"

He choked on his own words, it pained me to see him this way so I went up to him and laid close to his body, putting his head on my lap and stroking his hair.

"It's okay, take your time and tell me how you feel, I'll keep quiet until the very end" I said, smiling.

His tense figure relaxed remarkably and he closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of my hands in his hair, scratching his scalp and easing his worries.

"I just feel like you'll disappear any second, like you'll find someone better, someone who isn't as hard to deal with, someone who isn't as mad, as closed of, as anxious, as insecure" he whispered, rushing out his words.

"You deserve so much better than me and I'm scared that once you realize that, you'll leave. I finally found you, I finally got to hold you, to love you freely and I can't stand the thought of you being gone, I can't stand the thought that one day I'll wake up and not be able to call you and here your voice, to meet you and feel your warmth, to hold you and feel your heartbeat. I can't stand any of those things and I found myself putting a distance between us so it wouldn't hurt as much once you actually decide to leave but it wasn't fair to you and it pained me to not be near you so I gathered the courage to come and talk to you today"

"Done?" I asked.

"Yeah..." he whispered.

"Well, in my opinion you are being a worry wart and all of your worries seem really weird to me because I would never leave you, ever, not in a million years. I don't know if I deserve better but what I do know is that I'll choose to be with you not matter what. I don't know what it would take to convince you I'm gonna stay but whatever it is I'll do it" I said, hopefully easing his mind.

He opened his eyes and looked at me, I leaned in until our faces were inches apart and I gave him a small kiss on his forehead, making his eyes flutter closed.

He got up and hugged me, tightening his arms around me and making me feel safe and protected.
When we pulled away I put finger on my mouth, indicating for him to stay quiet.

I slowly walked to the door and flung it open, making Sean and Corey stumble out and fall on their faces.

"That beating earlier wasn't enough?" I asked, a small smile on my face.

They backed off, crawling on the floor.

"Oh you guys better run I'll ready the ice" Ethan said, oblivious to the fact he just repeated the words their words from earlier.

After around an hour, we were eating dinner while Corey and Sean were on the floor, unable to move because of the beating I gave them.

"That's what you get for eavesdropping" I said, my mouth full of food.

They both groaned and tried to move, failing miserably as they almost screamed in pain.

"This is all your fault" Corey said to Sean.

"At least I got to press against you for a good 30 minutes" he replied, chuckling.

I flung a wooden spoon at Sean, hitting him in the head and leaving a big bruise. I threw another metal spoon at him which hit his mouth, most likely leaving a cut.

"Stop harassing my best friend!" I yelled, ready to throw something else on him.

"Fine fine" he said, touching his swollen lip that was slightly bleeding.

I huffed as Ethan ruffled my hair, chuckling and eating at the dinner I made.

I held a piece of meat and put it right in front of Ethan's face. He looked at me weirdly and raised his brow.

"Ethan Jameson, I give you this piece of steak as a token of my undying love, would you do me the honors and marry me?" I said, imitating those dramatic proposals we see online.

He laughed, a genuine laugh which sounded like music to my ears. I know it sounds cliché but it sounded extremely good, I love every bit of it.

"Jane Grayson, yes, yes a million times yes" he said, matching my tone and then biting the meat off my fork.

We smiled at each other like dorks until I heard Sean groan.

"Ew" he said, groaning again.

I threw my fork at him, making him wince in pain.

"That's what you get, I think it's extremely cute and adorable" Corey said, pouting like a baby.

Sean slightly blushed, quickly turning away. I smiled at their quick exchange when suddenly, Ethan kissed my cheek.

"I thought you looked really cute" he said, smiling at me then continuing his food.

I kissed his cheek and smiled at him.

"I just thought you looked really cute" I said, grinning like crazy.

I wanted to keep this forever and I hope I will.
———————————————————————————
Who is she? Updating regularly? Couldn't be me haha.
Anyways, what do you guys think? Is it good? Bad? Tell me your thoughts!

-Alexandra Banger