Chapter 27

We're back to Jane's POV!

I woke up the next day feeling so
much better, my head stopped hurting and heart was beating normally again. The doctors ran some tests and everything was fine with my body, they said I could be discharged the next day and in the mean time, I went over the notes Beth brought me and turns out, since I studied ahead for a few weeks, nothing particularly new was added to the lessons and I was able to understand everything with just a few exercises and all.

I was laying on the hospital bed when Ethan came in and sat next to me, he had previously left to change, shower and rest for a bit.

"What are you thinking about?" he asked.

"I need to go on tour soon" I replied, my eyes glued on the ceiling.

"Why?" he said, confusion painted on his face.

"I disappeared for two weeks and I didn't participate in any competitions nor did any shows for weeks. It'd be wrong if I didn't go on tour to make up for my disappearance" I replied with a sigh, turning around to look at him.

"There's a one month break coming up, maybe you can go then" Ethan said stroking my head.

"You mean we. Beth, Brandon, Corey and you are coming with me" I said smiling.

Now the expression on Ethan's face was priceless, his face froze and he just kept looking at me like I grew three heads and five arms.

That moment Beth and the boys entered, Ethan blurted out the words I just said and they all gave me the same look he did.

I just awkwardly laughed and scratched my head saying "I hope you guys don't have any previous plans...""
They took a couple of minutes before even uttering a word, they didn't even blink which really freaked me out to be honest.

"Come on say something for God's sake!" I yelled, pulling my hands out of my hair and throwing them on the bed in frustration.

They all started blinking rapidly like they've been pulled out of a trance.
"I- I mean I'd have to ask my parents but yeah" Brandon said, still in shock.

Everyone nodded their heads and I threw my head on the pillow, feeling it become heavy on my shoulders.

My eyelids slowly closed as sleep took over me and the only thing I was hearing was my friends chatting in the background.

Friends.... Huh, feels weird to say that.

*******************

I woke up all alone in the hospital room,

'where did everyone go?' I thought before sitting up.

I felt alone. There was no one but me and my thoughts, and boy there were a lot of them.

Now that I remember everything, it hurts. It's not fair I only got to remember things now, I forgot so many sweet moments just because of a stupid little accident and because small old me couldn't handle rejection.

Tears started streaming down my face and my sadness was soon replaced with anger and frustration. I was extremely mad at myself and for the first time in my whole life, I absolutely hated myself. I was week, pathetic, I depended on others too much and I know it doesn't make sense because I was literally four at the time but I still could've been stronger.

All of this thinking brought me back to one of the biggest reasons of my 'misery', Matthew.

This guy, he did everything he could to make me and Ethan suffer. He was a demon in the body of a child, a lot of people would think 'oh a 7 year old wouldn't do anything bad and if they did it'd probably be just some harmless fun and they didn't deliberately want to hurt or affect anyone' and to be honest this applies to every 7 year old but Matthew.

This guy is sick in head, I'm 99% sure he was born with some kind of untreated mental illness and he needs to be put in isolation in a very far away advanced mental hospital under microscopic watch because he's a danger to himself and everyone around him.

The more I thought about everything, the more mad and angry I became until I decided it was time to walk out of the room and take a walk.

I strolled in the park after running away from the nurses (sorry I'm making your job really difficult but I couldn't stay in that room for another second).
I took my time to calm down and enjoy the beauty of nature, sounds cheezy I know. I laid back under a tree and stared at the sky, it was sunny and the sky was blue with a few beautiful clouds dancing on the blue canvas.

Suddenly, I felt really helpless again and started crying, for no reason, and the once sunny sky was quickly becoming cloudy and it started pouring, like the it tried to reassure me.

Even one of the most magical and majestic things needs to let it all out so why can't I? Even the clouds cry when the water becomes too heavy, so what stops me from doing it?

I cried and sobbed so loudly I thought everyone in the hospital heard me and I was soon starting to get cold and before I knew it, I started shivering, from the cold and from the sudden wave of sadness that overtook me.

I got up and tried to calm down and it worked, I felt free, like all of my burdens were washed away by the rain.

I got up and walked into the hospital to be greeted by everyone yelling at me for going out in the rain and coming back soaked.

I just laughed and promised myself I would try harder, at everything.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry for not updating for so long I needed to take a break and recharge my energy because it was completely drained by school and other personal issues, I also needed time to figure out parts of the story so they can fit better. Now I am in full energy and i actually enjoy writing this story again!! Yay!
Anyways, I'm very sorry for disappearing and I'll try to update more often!

-Alexandra Banger