Chapter 20

I walked out of the cafeteria and went to the library, for some reason, but I just thought that maybe there are answers there.

I walked in and it was empty, there was no one at the front desk or inside, I assumed they were all having lunch.

I looked through books until one of them caught my attention, it was a little book tucked away in the end of the big library, hidden from everyone. I took it out and it was written in a children's handwriting, once I opened it, the title said 'everything about everyone in my hometown'.

I crouched down on the floor and kept flipping throughout the book, it had, as the title suggests, all kinds of information about everyone in town, the book was a bit old, some pages were yellow and the ink was bit faded, it was maybe about 10 years of age,maybe more or less, and the information was pretty innocent, it was probably a little kid writing what they heard in a little book.

As I was reading, I noticed two different handwritings and they somehow seemed familiar. I started having a slight headache and my chest felt tight but I ignored it and focused on reading this book.

At the end, I found a few pages about Matthew and his family. I scanned through what was written and closed the book, I was about to shove it in my pocket when I got curious about who wrote this little book.

I flipped the book back and it said 'Jay-bear and her husband', I was going to laugh at the silly name when I felt a piercing headache and my heart felt like exploding, I started hearing voice of little kids talking and laughing and I immediately recognized them as the two little kids from my dream the other day.

Tears started streaming down my face and I felt like I was going to die, when I looked up, my eyes met Ethan, Corey, Brandon and Bethany. I stood up and shoved the little book in my pocket and tried to walk past them when I felt my arm get grabbed, I looked up and saw Ethan holding my arm, concern painted all over his face.

I almost collapsed at that moment, I looked down at the floor and snatched my arm back then continued walking out of the library.

I heard everyone yell behind me but all the sounds became distant and distorted, the library door started moving up and down, left to right and I felt myself fall on the cold hard floor before slipping into complete darkness.

I suddenly awoke, sweating all over, my breathing quick and my head spinning. I looked around and saw four familiar faces staring at me, I quickly checked my pocket and the little book was gone.

"Who took the book?!" I said, practically yelling despite my throat being extremely sore and dry.

No one looked at me or answered my question, I quickly got up and walked towards Corey, I was sure I was going to pass out but I didn't care.

"Give me the book" I demanded.

Corey stared at me, shock written all over his face but he looked down and got it out of his pocket.

"How did you know I was the one who had it?" he asked in defeat.

"You were the only one who tensed and leaned to the side where the book was hidden, you also had a slight bump in your pocket so I assumed it was the book" I replied, snatching the book from his hand.

"If you're not gonna help me, don't stand in my way" I said walking towards the window of the nurse's room.

I honestly don't know who carried me here but I feel like it was Ethan, I shouldn't be so sure because of our fight the other day.

"Stop doing this, you're only gonna get hurt in the process" Ethan said looking at me blankly.

"Stop it! Just stop! I'm not as fragile as you think I am! This guy did something wrong and I'm sure of it! I'm going to find out what he did and make him pay for it! These are MY memories we're talking about, MY past and MY life! You have no right to stop me or tell me what to do" I said yelling, my voice was breaking because my throat hurt too much and because I was on the verge of crying.

"We're doing this to keep you safe! We're doing all of this for you Jane! We're staying away from you even though it hurts all of us for your safety! We're stopping you now because we care about you and your happiness but here you are acting like a selfish little brat!" Bethany yelled pointing her finger at me, but she soon regreted saying the last sentence as fast as it came out of her mouth.

"Well miss Bethany, I'm sorry I couldn't read your mind and figure out what you were trying to do! I'm sorry I'm what, 2 years younger than you and I'm sorry I tried to do something for me for once in my whole life! I'm sorry I tried to look for answers! I'm sorry I tried to finally find the missing piece of my memories, of my past, of who I am!" I yelled back at her until I was sure I had completely lost my voice.

I stormed out of the room and soon the bell rang and everyone flooded out of their classrooms, I ran to my locker and retrieved my stuff then ran back to my car. I didn't want to interact with anyone and after all of the yelling, my head hurt again.

I got into my car and drove home, once I walked inside I quickly got upstairs and jumped into the hot shower after stripping out of my clothes.

This isn't what I signed up for when I said I wanted a normal highschool life...
-----------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this chapter? Do you like it?
If you spot any grammar or spelling mistakes please let me know so I can correct them!

-Alexandra Banger