Chapter 25

My parents came to the police station after a few hours because it took them a while to get over trafic and all.

As soon as they walked in Ethan's parents entered, I looked at them and immediately felt my body get lifted up and before I realized it, I was holding them both in a tight hug, tears streaming like waterfalls down my face.

"Oh my goodness I am terribly sorry I didn't mean to do that, I don't know what got over me" I said, laughing awkwardly while wiping the tears off my face.

When I looked up, I saw everyone looking at me with sadness. I was really confused and soon my head started throbbing and an image of a younger version of Ethan's mom patting my head filled my vision.

I stumbled back and held my head with both hands which only made it hurt a lot more and another image of Ethan's dad taking off his cap and putting it on my head smiling widely filled my vision.

I crouched down and squeezed my head tightly because the pain was becoming unbearable, this was too much information for one day.

I looked at my parents then at Ethan's, my breath catching in my throat.

"I knew you guys before, right?" I managed to say, out of breath.

They all looked at me wide-eyed and soon their expression changed and turned into a mixture of sadness and pity, I tried to walk out the door but I was so light-headed to even feel my body moving. I dragged my feet out and into the cold night, this doesn't make any kind of sense, why is all of this happening today? First the theifs then my stupid memories and now whatever this is?

I started crying again, I felt really weak, vulnerable, hopeless and angry. I felt like had no control over my body, thoughts nor feelings, I only asked for a normal highschool life but I got everything but that.

I suddenly started running, I wanted to have control over my body and actions, so I ran and ran and ran until I ended up in a small park. I collapsed on the grass because after all, I still ended up in the same park that appeared in my first memory, I was still controlled by a past I can't remember.

I laid on the grass and calmed myself down, I was overreacting, this is nothing. A few minutes after, a breathless Ethan came running towards me.

"Why did you run off like that?" he asked breathlessly, practically wheezing.

"Sorry, I just felt like getting away for a second" I replied as I sat up.

Ethan's eyes softened and he came and sat next to me, at first he only looked at me and then out of nowhere, he hugged me really tightly, breathing into my neck.

"You scared me...." he trailed off.

I was about to say something when he continued

"I'm sorry you have to go through this, I'm sorry I only bring you pain"

I started crying, sobbing. It wasn't his fault, he did nothing wrong, it wasn't his choice, he would never hurt me on purpose.

"It's not you fault. You make me happy, you bring me so much happiness, more than I can describe or put into words. I don't want you to blame yourself in any way, shape or form, it's not your fault, just promise me that you'll stay my my side" I said in between sobs, wrapping my arms around him.

No matter how many times he made me angry, he annoyed me or just made the urge to commit arson surge through my veins I could never deny the happiness he brought me, ever.

"What if as long as I stay by your side I'll only bring you pain and troubles" he asked, leaning further into my neck.

I pulled his face away and cupped it in my hands.

"Then we'll fight them together, we make a pretty good team"

Silence filled the air and we just kept looking at each other's eyes, soon, Ethan broke eye contact and stared at my lips. The intensity of his gaze made me feel hot and nervous, as soon as I felt him lean in a bit in my hands, our parents came running towards us.

Thank god the park was dark and the moon decided to disappear behind the clouds for a few minutes to saved us from the potential lecture we would've both gotten.

My parents and his saw us sitting next to each other on the grass and sighed in relief, soon, they both joined us. I looked at them and silence filled the place, until Ethan's parents spoke.

"Our place is only across the street, wanna come in? It's been a rough night"

I smiled and nodded my head and soon my parents joined although they were hesitant to do so which made me wonder why they acted that way.

I walked into the house and as soon as we all stepped in Ethan's sister whom I saw the other day came running down the stairs asking if Ethan and I were okay.

She stopped right in her tracks when she saw us but soon slapped Ethan's arm and started scolding him, nevertheless, I didn't miss the shine in her eyes because of the tears threatening to come out.

Everyone went to the living room and I just walked around the halls and stared at the pictures hanging on the walls, soon I came across a few framed pictures on a little dressing table and picked them up to look at them.

I immediately saw a smaller version of Ethan's sister, which made me smile at how adorable she was, and her hugging a small Ethan, once I inspected his face, my whole world came stumbling down.

My head felt like it was going to be banged open and my heart was about to explode, soon, a bunch of memories started playing in front of my eyes. It was too much to handle and the last thing I saw was this one painful memory.

'I went up to Ethan, running and jumping up and down.

"You won't believe this hubby!!! Guess what happened today??"

Ethan looked up at me from the little picture book he was reading (the one he didn't want to lend me the other day).

"What happened?" he asked, standing up and dusting his shorts.

I grinned and just kept looking at him, I hugged him really tight until I heard him almost suffocate under my grasp. I pulled away and kissed his cheek yelling in his ear "I'm gonna go to France for a dance competition because this nice lady saw my dancing and said I was amazing like a little princess and that she wanted me to participate because I would surely win!"

I saw Ethan's face fall from excitement to disappointment to sadness to anger. He pushed me away and yelled at me "So you're gonna leave me??!"

I stumbled back and said "Don't worry it'll only be for 2 months, mommy and daddy said I'll be back by then and we can celebrate all together!"

Oh no... Hubby was getting mad and when he does it's really bad.

I looked at him in horror and he started walking away, I ran to him and grabbed his arm but he pushed me away and the back of my head hit the rock decoration in the garden, I felt a lot of pain and something warm starting dripping down the back of my neck, I stumbled back and fell into the pool, the last thing I saw was the sad gloomy sky, just as sad as me...'

After seeing this memory I looked up and saw everyone looking at me, their eyes wide, my vision was blurry because of the tears and when I looked down, I saw the broken picture frame I was holding and blood in my hands and on the carpet.

Before I could speak or do anything I felt all the power leave my my body and I slammed into the ground, the last thing I saw before passing out was Ethan rushing to my side and then, nothing, complet darkness.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sooooo..... I'm sure y'all knew it was Ethan... right?
To be honest idk how to feel I low-key cried writing this because this chapter was inspired by a personal experience of mine and let me tell you, this shit sucks a lot, like all of it. (I mean the memory part lol)
Anyways I'm talking too much for no reason, idk if there'll be an update tomorrow because I have to study since it's the last day of the holidays that were too busy for my liking.
Okay I'll seriously stop now goodbye...

-Alexandra Banger