Justice Society of America

I woke up in a cell with the rest of the team. I shot up out of my position of laying down.

"Easy there tiger. You got shot. Slow down." Sara told me while Nate used his tie to apply pressure on the wound. "We'll have Gideon fix you up when we get back to the waverider. Just hang on."

"Thank you." I told Nate who was still applying pressure.

"No problem." He gave me a smile. He was kind of hot. And by kind of I mean smoking.

"You just had to mention time travel. Didn't you?" Mick grumbled to Nate who seemed to be glued to my side.

"Yeah, well at least he didn't throw the first punch." Ray told Mick. He was an idiot for sure. No matter how many super suits he builds.

"I'm perfectly capable of defending myself." Stein informed the group.

"I'm pretty sure you got knocked out by a teenager in a star spangled leotard." Sara reminded him.

"Her name's stargirl." Nate said, still behind me. I gave him a look of confusion. While the rest of the group argued, me and Nate had a conversation of our own.

"How do you know so much about them?" I whispered to him.

"My grandfather is commander steel. The guy that shot you."

"Oh wow." I winced in pain because of the bullet wound to my shoulder.

"Sorry about that by the way."

"Not your fault." I gave him a smile. He returned it. We tuned back to the rest of the conversation, but I couldn't help but notice Sara's look of surprise.

"Look, they're just better coordinated than us." Ray told us.

"You guys, just listen to me for two-" Nate was cut off by Mick.

"Pretty, shut up. If I recall you and your little girlfriend were late coming to this party."

"We're not dating." We said simultaneously before sharing a look. It wasn't a confusing look. I don't know what was etched on my face, but his showed desire. Maybe I just imagined it. Or maybe there was something there.

XXX

"I don't understand why they were tracking us in the first place." Ray told us.

"Because they're the Justice Society of America, the single greatest secret force this country has ever known." Nate told us.

"If it's so secret, then how do you know about them?" Sara asked.

"If you would only have let him tell you." I scolded them lightly.

"Because his Nazi handlers have briefed him no doubt." Nate's grandfather said, walking down the staircase with the rest of the JSA. Including Rex Tyler.

"Look, I'm not a Nazi. I'm a historian." he explained to the JSA.

"Here we go with the time travel nonsense again." Amaya murmured to commander steel.

"070233." Nate said to his grandfather. His eyes widened.

"What?" he asked Nate.

"Those are the numbers on your dog tags. They're not disclosed on any documents. Military or otherwise."

"How do you know that?"

He pulled out a set of dog tags that were around his neck. "You gave these to your wife after the birth of your son in 1955. The dent on the front is from an assassin's bullet when you saved President Roosevelt in 1939. Your son passed them down to his son. Me."